Bike Cafe · Public discussion

New way to get route distances--RouteRuler.com

Started by asumberg · · Last activity · 1 post · 694 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
31 May 2005
Last activity
31 May 2005
Original author
asumberg
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
694
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am a runner in San Francisco, CA that was frustrated by trying to determine exact route distances. I found driving them to be tedious, time consuming, and less than accurate, especially when I wanted to run on trails, through parks, and down one-way streets where cars cannot go.

    So, I got together with another runner-friend of mine and created a FREE online application called Route Ruler, which allows athletes to draw their own routes on downloaded maps and gives them exact distances. As far as we know this is the only free service of its kind, and it eliminates the need for buying costly GPS gadgets. We thought it would work great fro Cyclists as well.

    We are still fine-tuning some of the features and look of the site, but we do have a website up at www.RouteRuler.com, and want you to take a look at it. We feel it could turn out to be a great training tool. We will be constantly improving the look and usability of Route Ruler through the coming months.

    I hope you like it, and I look forward to any comments you may send.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.