Bike buying advice · Public discussion

New to cycling, need buying advice

Started by Justus · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,482 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
1 October 2007
Last activity
1 November 2007
Original author
Justus
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,482
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am very new to cycling and I'd like to start. First of all I need this bike to serve two purposes. I am a college student and I ride my current bike to all of my classes. It is an old bike that was given to me and is just about to wear totally out. I would also like to start riding for fitness. I am a fairly heavy guy (280 lbs), I'm about 6'0 but I have relatively short arms and legs for my height. I have an option to buy a Trek 7100 for $100. The bike is in good condition by just eyeing it, but it will need a serious tune up. Is this the deal I should jump on, or should I go and buy a different bike?

  2. Justus said:

    The bike is in good condition by just eyeing it, but it will need a serious tune up. Is this the deal I should jump on, or should I go and buy a different bike?


    For getting to class, and for $100, I would say that if you can put air in the tires , get it started and stopped, and get yourself reasonably comfortable on it, go for it. A used 7100 is a fine bike as long as you don't have to spend another $200 to make it ridable.

  3. oldbobcat said:

    For getting to class, and for $100, I would say that if you can put air in the tires , get it started and stopped, and get yourself reasonably comfortable on it, go for it. A used 7100 is a fine bike as long as you don't have to spend another $200 to make it ridable.


    yeah, it's enough to get a used one for a college student

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.