Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

New Parts for GT Tequesta 1990

Started by drthomas · · Last activity · 2 posts · 2,635 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
28 July 2009
Last activity
28 July 2009
Original author
drthomas
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,635
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi.

    After having the frame, forks, handle bars and steerer powder coated, I am currently replacing the parts on the love of my life - my original MTB, being a 1990 GT Tequesta.

    My question is this - has anyone got any suggestions for new replacement brakes (makes. models) for the original rear U brakes?

    I don't want to spend a fortune, although don't want to buy cr*p either.

    Feel free to suggest any manufacturers of new parts for other parts as well - I will be replacing headset, cranks, front / rear brakes and brake triggers, seat post, seat, etc.

    I know I could buy a new bike for the price, but this is a sentimental favourite.

    Cheers,

    Dave.

  2. Take a look at SHIMANO SLX as a possibility for your components ... either an FSA or Cane Creek headset ... the saddle depends on what YOU want ... the seatpost probably doesn't need to be changed.

    U-BRAKES!?! I would see if I could fit 700c wheels in the frame WITH either V-brakes or Cantilevers on those bosses, otherwise, I'm not sure if you can change anything other than the pads.

    You should be able to fit 700x42 tires in the frame without any problem ... that size tire should be fat enough for gravel & fire roads.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.