Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

New Bike Pics: Mountainbent!

Started by Felix Audet · · Last activity · 2 posts · 892 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
16 October 2003
Last activity
17 October 2003
Original author
Felix Audet
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
892
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This is pictures of my last bike project :

    members6.clubphoto.comguest.phtml

    dual 26" wheel front suspended trail worthy recumbent.

    The seat is Optima. I has 8" of fore-aft adjustement, and angle is adjustable too. It has huge
    carrying capacity potential under the seat and on the rear wheel. Unlike the Orca (Optima), the lack
    of rear suspension makes it easy to attach a rack on the rear wheel, and it climb verry well too. (
    no pogo) Seat to BB height is a little less extreme than the Orca.

    With this bike your head is about as high as a DF, so seeing/being seen is not a problem. BTW,
    I'd be willing to sell this bike, if I get a decent price, I really need money to keep building
    other bikes!

    Felix Audet

  2. "Felix Audet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is pictures of my last bike project :

    members6.clubphoto.comguest.phtml

    dual 26" wheel front suspended trail worthy recumbent.

    Nice - reminds me of something.. oh, yes, mine :
    scheel.netacrofobia.jpg

    You must have a lot of weight on the front wheel?

    Quoted message said:

    The seat is Optima. I has 8" of fore-aft adjustement, and angle is adjustable too. It has huge
    carrying capacity potential under the seat and on the rear wheel. Unlike the Orca (Optima), the
    lack of rear suspension makes it easy to attach a rack on the rear wheel, and it climb verry well
    too. ( no pogo) Seat to BB height is a little less extreme than the Orca.

    Actually I'm getting used to the rear suspension, even if it in theory pogo's a bit, but then again,
    I'm a spinner. I'm starting to miss a suspension fork though (uh oh, it's getting expensive). I'm
    planning for a frame-mounted rack for mine, build from 10mm steel tube.

    Quoted message said:

    With this bike your head is about as high as a DF, so seeing/being seen is not a problem.

    Agreed, though I was missed (in both senses) by a Cellphoning trooleydriver this morning. You can be
    overseen on anything.

    Keep up the good work! Torben

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.