Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

New bike, Madone appears faster. :o)

Started by stormer94 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,032 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
11 July 2004
Last activity
12 July 2004
Original author
stormer94
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,032
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. WHOOHOO, got my new bike yesterday, got all the computers on it this morning and took it for a ride on one of my normal courses to compare it to the older bike.

    I went from a Trek 5200 with Rolf wheels and 8 speed to the new Trek Madone with Bontrager's and a 10-speed.

    So far, based on some pretty good data to compare it with, I'd say the new bike has improved my mile times on flat ground by about 5-8 seconds, and in the climbs I do, about 10-12 seconds a mile.

    The older bike was also a 58cm, and I went to a 56cm after a lot of debate and measuring, and I think it was the right move for me.

    I'm using the stock, rock hard, and pitifullly small USPS seat on it for the time being. I had a really nice "man friendly" seat on the 5200. We'll see how my "manware" and back hold out with the new saddle.

    Can't wait to ride some more. 🙂

  2. Congrats on the new ride. I've got a '99 5500, and I'll turn 40 next year. I'm thinking a new Madone or a 5900 would be an awesome birthday present to myself. Although it will be hard to justify, when I keep getting passed by guys on 20 year old steel frames with toe clips!

  3. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by kennf
    Congrats on the new ride. I've got a '99 5500, and I'll turn 40 next year. I'm thinking a new Madone or a 5900 would be an awesome birthday present to myself. Although it will be hard to justify, when I keep getting passed by guys on 20 year old steel frames with toe clips!

    I don't mind getting passed by those guys, it's that they are usually wearing regular blue jean shorts, and having a regular conversation with their buddies while they blow by. When they blow by I can barely muster the energy to wave or nod.... 😉

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.