General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

New Accu-Chek meter - The Accu-Chek Go

Started by J David Anderso · · Last activity · 3 posts · 2,376 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
5 July 2004
Last activity
5 July 2004
Original author
J David Anderso
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,376
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just picked up a new meter today, the new Accu-Chek Go.

    It has totally new test strips, and a very small amount of
    blood required, not much more than a pin head in size. The
    test strips which are labeled Accu-Chek Go, so apparently
    are unique to the new meter, are inserted fully into the
    meter and ejected with a slide button. They are priced the
    same as most others through Diabetes Australia at $6.00 for
    fifty. It has infrared that doesn't need an Accu-Chek
    infrared adaptor, the standard computer ones do fine, and it
    gives a result in 5 seconds. It also allows for alternate
    site testing and provides a vacuum lancet. Quite a neat
    little package.

    It has a multiple alarm and actually looks like a small
    digital phone, not a meter. Less obtrusive if testing in
    public I suppose. In fact with the lance having a pen style
    pocket clip, it really is something that people wouldn't
    notice sitting on a table in public.

    I have been using a MediSense Optium until now, and got this
    one because it was free (medical Insurance pays) and because
    I wanted an alternate site meter.

    I have been checking it alongside the Optium, there is
    always enough blood left after one finger [censored] for both
    meters, and it gives absolutely identical results. The
    Optium claims an accuracy of .9%, the Accu-Check 1.6%. I had
    the Optium lab checked last week, so I know that it is
    accurate, the Accu-Chek seems to be just as good.

    It even came with a free Accu-Check pedometer!

    Has anyone else had any experience with this model yet? It
    was released on Tuesday in Australia. It doesn't appear to
    be on either the US or the Australian web site as yet.

    It is $99.00 Aus with a free pedometer as a promotion over
    the first few weeks. Diabetes Australia are releasing them
    next week.

    One thing that is very different is the lancet, it is so
    fine that at first I kept increasing the depth of the needle
    as I thought that it wasn't making contact, then I saw that
    I had three very small drops of blood forming. Ain't
    technology amazing?

    I think that it is a great meter, and I would stick with it
    alone except that it doesn't measure ketones like the
    Optium and I am still low carbing. It won't hurt to have
    two meters on hand.

    David

  2. tinyurl.com32em6

  3. Kromagnon said:

    tinyurl.com32em6

    If the meter uses the date to determine when the strips
    expire, just set the date back.

    K

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.