Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Need some guidance about finding sponsors

Started by TrekDedicated · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,261 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
19 June 2005
Last activity
22 June 2005
Original author
TrekDedicated
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,261
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey everyone,

    I am still in the process of getting my school's cycling team started.

    The jerseys are in its final stages, but, since our team still isn't that big. Maybe 10 riders. I am going through Voler for the uniforms, my problem is funding because there is a 25 minimum of jerseys and shorts. We have money from this fiscal year already put down, and I believe we have some for the next fiscal year, but since we are doing both jerseys and shorts, we still may need some money.

    So, I am looking for sponsors. For those of you that have gone around asking/looking for sponsors, how did you go about it? Did you write a letter to potential sponsors and told them what you wanted to do? If you have a 'default' letter is there any way you could send me a copy of it so I can get ideas?

    I already have the areas on the jersey open for sponsors. The spots are on the shoulders, the three pockets on the back of jersey, and possibly right above the pockets as well. Any ideas for a reasonable price for these areas?

    Really, any input you guys can give me would be amazing. I've been working extremely diligently on so many aspects of our team, and I don't want to be stuck with only jerseys and no shorts, or whatever.

  2. letters are always best, as they make you look more mature. write a letter using nice big words and no slang. 😎

  3. I'm in the process of writing my proposal and I am curious as to which famous cyclists have gone through college and gained their experience there. I would like to show possible sponsors that collegiate cycling has been a firm ground for pro cyclists. (I know there are only probably a few out there, but any names would be great) I would use Tyler Hamilton, but the drug situation is not a good one.

    Thanks.

    Also, can someone give me some good ideas as to how much I should ask sponsors for their logos on the shoulders, back, and the 3 pockets?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.