"Doug Freyburger" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Some folks believe that lower carbs equal higher loss. Doesn't
matter that evidence generally contradicts their belief, it's too
obvious to question.
I'm not one of them 🙂. I went up earlier this summer, 5g at a time, when I
got to 40g/day I stopped losing. And didn't start again for over 2 months.
So I did a couple of things. I went back down to 30 and I raised my fat
levels. That got me losing again. Now I lose 1-2 lbs/week most weeks.
There are other variables (I won't see any loss, for example, this month due
to choices I'm making) but that's how it's working best for me now.
Quoted message said:
But within the directions of the Atkins process is the answer.
You cut out Sherry's signature so I'll restore it:
Quoted message said:
Merry Christmas,
Sherry
364/297/195 (4/3/05)
http://lowcarb.owly.net
In the chapter on Induction there's a list of qualifiers for staying
low. Not bored, still working, still have a lot to lose and then a
6 month time limit.
I have long insisted that "a lot to lose" means "still have 100+
pounds to lose". Check out Sherry's numbers. This week and
likely for another week or two she still has 100+ to lose and
so she still falls under the "a lot to lose" provision in the
directions.
Today it makes sense that she is still near Induction levels.
The day she hits 295 then in my opinion her 6 month timeout
begins, or she should move on to OWL simply because doing
so is the most likely path to the best loss.
That's the plan 🙂. When I get down to my last 100 lbs, I figured I'd work
my way back up, 5g/week at a time again, and keep my fat levels higher. I'm
in no hurry to lose, the health benefits are great for me too. Previously I
was eating a lot of fiber (a habit I'd gotten into on the advice of my
cardiologist several years ago) and that actually might have been part of
the problem?
--
Merry Christmas,
Sherry
364/297/195 (4/3/05)
http://lowcarb.owly.net