Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Need expert advice on which bike would be better.

Started by zoozeeq · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,888 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
15 July 2016
Last activity
31 July 2016
Original author
zoozeeq
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,888
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have 2 bikes I'm considering but don't know how to pick according to which has the best components and things like that. I just know what rides good.

    I probably will ride the bike 20 miles 3 times a week mostly on more level paved bike paths or streets.

    Save up to 60% off new Comfort Bikes - Dawes Eclipse 1.0

    or

    Nashbar Flat Bar Women's Road Bike

    Does the 1st bike have any better components than something I'd find at Walmart or any other big box store? I am trying to go one step up over big box but want to stay around 250 range...maybe up to around 300.00. Nashbar bike is on sale today so it would be around 300.

    Thanks for any advice on these 2.

  2. I think the Nashbar bike has a few slightly better components. Both of those bike would be a step up from Walmart [censored].

    Why are you looking at those two bikes?

    Is there a reason why you haven't considered used bikes? For that kind of money you could get a really nice used bike that would be 10 times better and more reliable than either of those two. Buying used is not a big deal as long as you know what size you need, if you are uncertain about what to look for in a used bike, because a lot of used bikes are bike like what you're looking at, then you can come here and post the Craigslist listing for us to look at and help you with knowing whether or not it's worth looking at.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.