Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

need advice on buying a road bike!

Started by kstein84 · · Last activity · 1 post · 720 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
9 July 2004
Last activity
9 July 2004
Original author
kstein84
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
720
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hullo! I am relatively new to the world of cycling... I have been riding on a Specialized Crossroad hybrid bike for the past 4 years or so... but its time to upgrade! I am looking for a bike that would be used to do some charity rides, participate in some races (I plan to join my school's cycling team), as well as be something to take around town and on bike routes.

    I am looking for something in the $600-$1,000 price range (no more). I have been looking at the Trek 1500 WSD, Lemond Reno Woman's Triple, Specialized Dolce Sport, and the Dolce Elite. I haven't been able to test ride any yet (I plan to, of course, just need to find some time). I would like to stick with those brands (Specialized, Trek, and Lemond) since there is a great bike shop near me that carries mainly those and will allow me to finance it (the only way I can buy one right now).

    I would appreciate any advice! I want some opinions not from people trying to sell me something! Thanks

    Kristen

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.