Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Neat recumbent rider I met

Started by Gooserider · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,290 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
28 July 2005
Last activity
30 July 2005
Original author
Gooserider
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,290
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was doing errands on my bike when I met a recumbent rider who was pulling
    a trailer. Stopped to talk with him and check out his setup. He was riding a
    long wheelbase EZ something or other, pulling a three foot wide trailer. The
    trailer was cobbled together with a kid trailer chassis and a clamshell
    luggage container. His bike had two gigantic rear view mirrors, an MP3
    player, four bottles, and front and rear bags. I asked him what he carried
    in the trailer. He replied, "My cooler." He basically rode around all day
    drinking beer in the hot sun. He smiled and had no front teeth. I realized
    right then that 'bents must be reaching mainstream acceptance. When DUI
    riders adopt it, it's legitimate. :-)

  2. "Gooserider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was doing errands on my bike when I met a recumbent rider who was pulling
    a trailer. Stopped to talk with him and check out his setup. He was riding
    a long wheelbase EZ something or other, pulling a three foot wide trailer.
    The trailer was cobbled together with a kid trailer chassis and a clamshell
    luggage container. His bike had two gigantic rear view mirrors, an MP3
    player, four bottles, and front and rear bags. I asked him what he carried
    in the trailer. He replied, "My cooler." He basically rode around all day
    drinking beer in the hot sun. He smiled and had no front teeth. I realized
    right then that 'bents must be reaching mainstream acceptance. When DUI
    riders adopt it, it's legitimate. :-)

    My home town is overflowing with recently arrived Hispanics. Very many of
    them end up on bikes, not because they like bikes, but because they have
    lost their driver's licenses due to drunken driving, etc. Biking around town
    sure beats walking around town. I notice that all of them are either on the
    Wal-Mart specials or else old clunkers and junkers.

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  3. "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Gooserider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was doing errands on my bike when I met a recumbent rider who was
    pulling a trailer. Stopped to talk with him and check out his setup. He
    was riding a long wheelbase EZ something or other, pulling a three foot
    wide trailer. The trailer was cobbled together with a kid trailer chassis
    and a clamshell luggage container. His bike had two gigantic rear view
    mirrors, an MP3 player, four bottles, and front and rear bags. I asked him
    what he carried in the trailer. He replied, "My cooler." He basically rode
    around all day drinking beer in the hot sun. He smiled and had no front
    teeth. I realized right then that 'bents must be reaching mainstream
    acceptance. When DUI riders adopt it, it's legitimate. :-)

    My home town is overflowing with recently arrived Hispanics. Very many of
    them end up on bikes, not because they like bikes, but because they have
    lost their driver's licenses due to drunken driving, etc. Biking around
    town sure beats walking around town. I notice that all of them are either
    on the Wal-Mart specials or else old clunkers and junkers.

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota


    Can illegals get driver's licenses in Minnesota? We have a ton of them here
    in Florida, also. I don't think there's an American landscaper or drywaller
    in the country. Meanwhile, there are tons of unemployed teenagers just
    hanging out. WTF?

  4. "Gooserider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...


    [...]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    My home town is overflowing with recently arrived Hispanics. Very many of
    them end up on bikes, not because they like bikes, but because they have
    lost their driver's licenses due to drunken driving, etc. Biking around
    town sure beats walking around town. I notice that all of them are either
    on the Wal-Mart specials or else old clunkers and junkers.

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota


    Can illegals get driver's licenses in Minnesota? We have a ton of them
    here in Florida, also. I don't think there's an American landscaper or
    drywaller in the country. Meanwhile, there are tons of unemployed
    teenagers just hanging out. WTF?

    I think the Hispanics coming to my town may be legal, but who knows for
    sure. I wish they would get into the service trades as the locals want to
    rob you blind whenever they stoop to do a job for you. They want $28. an
    hour to do the most menial labor. If the Hispanics will do it for less, I am
    all for it.

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.