General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Nailsea RC Ironwood Challenge

Started by Davea · · Last activity · 5 posts · 748 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 September 2003
Last activity
13 September 2003
Original author
Davea
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
748
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    Ran the Ironwood Challenge today. Hosted by Nailsea running club in the UK. I knew it was going to
    be hilly but bloomin heck. It was wicked. When I got to the top I thought great downhill but oh no.
    We went up. We went down. Up down up down. Quality. I got the old bloody taste in the back of the
    throat. Cut my hand on one of the many styles along the way. And aggravated my achilles by the end.
    What a quality race. I've never been so knackered in a race before. It was only 10km but it was
    worse than the 1/2 marathons I've done. Excellent. Well done Nailsea RC. I'm looking forward to
    their next 10k in June and Bring on next years Ironwood Challenge!

    DaveA

  2. DaveA said:

    Hi,

    Ran the Ironwood Challenge today. Hosted by Nailsea running club in the UK. I knew it was going to
    be hilly but bloomin heck. It was wicked. When I got to the top I thought great downhill but oh
    no. We went up. We went down. Up down up down. Quality. I got the old bloody taste in the back of
    the throat. Cut my hand on one of the many styles along the way. And aggravated my achilles by the
    end. What a quality race. I've never been so knackered in a race before. It was only 10km but it
    was worse than the 1/2 marathons I've done. Excellent. Well done Nailsea RC. I'm looking forward
    to their next 10k in June and Bring on next years Ironwood Challenge!

    DaveA

    Ooo, sounds like fun. The only question is, why not post it to uk.rec.running as well?

    Tim

    --
    It's only Usenet. Nobody dies.

  3. In article <[email hidden]> DaveA

    Quoted message said:

    Ran the Ironwood Challenge today. Hosted by Nailsea running club in the UK. I knew it was going to
    be hilly but bloomin heck. It was wicked. When I got to the top I thought great downhill but oh no.
    We went up. We went down. Up down up down. Quality. I got the old bloody taste in the back of the
    throat. Cut my hand on one of the many styles along the way. And aggravated my achilles by the end.
    What a quality race. I've never been so knackered in a race before. It was only 10km but it was
    worse than the 1/2 marathons I've done. Excellent. Well done Nailsea RC. I'm looking forward to
    their next 10k in June and Bring on next years Ironwood Challenge!

    DaveA

    Congrats, Dave! (For simply surviving this one!) Hope your achilles is feeling better, and no
    serious damage done. Good luck on the next 10K!

    Teresa in Az

  4. Teresa Plymate said:

    In article <[email hidden]> DaveA

    Quoted message said:

    Ran the Ironwood Challenge today. Hosted by Nailsea running club in the UK. I knew it was going to
    be hilly but bloomin heck. It was wicked. When I got to the top I thought great downhill but oh
    no. We went up. We went down. Up down up down. Quality. I got the old bloody taste in the back of
    the throat. Cut my hand on one of the many styles along the way. And aggravated my achilles by the
    end. What a quality race. I've never been so knackered in a race before. It was only 10km but it
    was worse than the 1/2 marathons I've done. Excellent. Well done Nailsea RC. I'm looking forward
    to their next 10k in June and Bring on next years Ironwood Challenge!

    DaveA

    Congrats, Dave! (For simply surviving this one!) Hope your achilles is feeling better, and no
    serious damage done. Good luck on the next 10K!

    Teresa in Az

    Does the Az stand for Azerbaijan? The Achilles is easing but the quad pain has kicked in! No
    training for me today 🙂

    DaveA

  5. In article <[email hidden]> DaveA

    Quoted message said:
    Teresa Plymate said:

    Congrats, Dave! (For simply surviving this one!) Hope your achilles is feeling better, and no
    serious damage done. Good luck on the next 10K!

    Teresa in Az

    Does the Az stand for Azerbaijan? The Achilles is easing but the quad pain has kicked in! No
    training for me today 🙂

    DaveA

    Nope, sorry, nothing so exotic as that....it's an abbreviation of Arizona, USA. I should have put it
    as "AZ". Glad to hear the achilles is easing up (as true achilles injuries are worrisome). I'm sure
    the quads will quit their aching pretty soon also. Get in some gentle stretches and lots of rest!

    Teresa in AZ (USA)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.