General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

My Very Favourite Drink ...

Started by Tess · · Last activity · 1 post · 241 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 February 2005
Last activity
7 February 2005
Original author
Tess
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
241
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. .... is called a "Rebel Cocktail". ( Regionally known as a "Redeye". ) When I
    lived at home, we used to always have a couple on Christmas morning, but I
    love them so much, and there's so little alcohol in it, that I just have a
    batch going all the time. Made up a nice batch tonight, and here's the
    recipe :

    1 large can tomato juice
    1 beer - any kind, doesn't matter, so long as it's not dark. I always keep a
    six-pack of really cheap beer around the house for fondue, marinades, et.
    al.
    Couple of generous shakes of Worchestershire sauce
    About 3 teaspoons lemon juice
    Salt and pepper ( That salt-around-the-rim-thing-like-a-Margerita would
    probably work, too. )
    Tabasco ( optional, I don't use it )
    Celery ( optional, I usually just drop a rib down in the bottle for about a
    day, and then remove it. A little celery salt works allright, too. )

    Mix that all up, and give it a good shake. Tastes better the day after
    making. You can even argue that it's good for you - some days that's all the
    vitamin C I get, but I'll have three or four in a row : ) 'Course, you
    really have to love tomato juice - which I do.

    Just sip from a goblet, and enjoy - MMMM!

    - Tess

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.