rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

My new uni and a few ?s

Started by mx597turbo · · Last activity · 2 posts · 321 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
22 May 2008
Last activity
22 May 2008
Original author
mx597turbo
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
321
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I got my new 24" lx yesterday. I can't believe how much better it is
    than the squid. I went from riding about 50' to well over 200'. When I
    did dismount, it was much smoother. I didn't hit my shin or calf once
    with the pedals (the bruises from the squid are still there...). I rode
    both fast and slow in control. I don't know if this is because of me
    just getting better, the switch from 20" to 24", or something else. But
    I did have a lot of fun.

    The only disadvantage of the 24" is it will probably be a little harder
    to learn to mount unassisted. It's only 2 or 3 inches higher, but that
    feels like a lot.

    Would you recommend I spend more time learning to ride further and
    turns or focus on mounting?

    --
    mx597turbo
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mx597turbo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/17205
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70137

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Ride and ride and ride. Ride so far that there's nothing around to hold
    onto to mount with anymore. Then learn to freemount. You have to at
    that point.

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    *jc is the only main man. there can be no other.*

    "In general, I'd like everyone to just stop treating one another like
    [censored]. I see it every day. It sucks." - SqueakyOnion
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70137

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.