Australia and New Zealand ยท Public discussion

My incredible adventure over the weekend

Started by just us ยท ยท Last activity ยท 3 posts ยท 547 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
30 January 2007
Last activity
30 January 2007
Original author
just us
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
547
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1โ€“3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Well I did it! ๐Ÿ™‚ 4 of us undertook a hell of a hot 3 day ride out to
    Petford, west of Mareeba to tackle the Lappa Railtrail. For those of you
    have ridden in Far North Qld at this time of year you would be only too
    aware how taxing a 270kms 3 day ride is with one day of dirt thrown in. My
    Trek hybrid went like a clock - I am just SO thrilled with it! Even with
    front and back panniers I felt that I was handling the conditions very well.
    Besides slight gravel rash on one knee the only other thing I got was about
    100 march fly bites LOL. Bum was fine, legs were fine, and everything else
    was fine ๐Ÿ™‚
    As for the trail - WOW! I would recommend it to anyone who really wants to
    get off the main drag and see some amazing country.
    http://www.geocities.com/kathyandstevek/lappa.html not much of a site, but
    it gives you an idea of the road.

    Next long weekend? Hmmm maybe we will ride from Almaden to Mt Surprise and
    then back through either the Lappa Line, or through Irvinebank. Who knows.
    Kathy
    counting down the days now until my BIG ride ๐Ÿ™‚

  2. just us said:

    Well I did it! ๐Ÿ™‚

    looks awesome.... any wild life you had to avoid other than the march flies.... must have been hot, sticky but rewarding.

  3. "just us" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well I did it! ๐Ÿ™‚ 4 of us undertook a hell of a hot 3 day ride out to
    Petford, west of Mareeba to tackle the Lappa Railtrail. For those of you
    have ridden in Far North Qld at this time of year you would be only too
    aware how taxing a 270kms 3 day ride is with one day of dirt thrown in. My
    Trek hybrid went like a clock - I am just SO thrilled with it! Even with
    front and back panniers I felt that I was handling the conditions very
    well. Besides slight gravel rash on one knee the only other thing I got
    was about 100 march fly bites LOL. Bum was fine, legs were fine, and
    everything else was fine ๐Ÿ™‚
    As for the trail - WOW! I would recommend it to anyone who really wants to
    get off the main drag and see some amazing country.
    http://www.geocities.com/kathyandstevek/lappa.html not much of a site,
    but it gives you an idea of the road.

    Next long weekend? Hmmm maybe we will ride from Almaden to Mt Surprise and
    then back through either the Lappa Line, or through Irvinebank. Who knows.
    Kathy
    counting down the days now until my BIG ride ๐Ÿ™‚


    And for those of us in the frozen north, reading your posts and wishing for
    warm weather, well we are pulling out the snow shoes, because they are more
    Canadian than cross country skis, and enjoying a walk through that feather
    powder snow that we have when it finally gets cold and stays cold, because
    all of the studded bike tires are sold out.

    Doug Thomas
    Welland Ontario

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.