I got the Judy TT suspension fork for my ATB. However I can't seem to transfer my fender from my old
non-suspension fork. The front fender has the 2 arms that connect to the eyelets on the side of the
old fork. The Judy TT has one eyelet on one side??!! Is there such a thing as a bracket that can be
used for the other side to create an eyelet. Or do I have to get a fender without arms.
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
mounting fender on Rock Shox TT fork
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 28 January 2004
- Last activity
- 30 January 2004
- Original author
- Bicyclette
- Posts
- 4
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,049
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
bicyclette said:
I got the Judy TT suspension fork for my ATB. However I can't seem to transfer my fender from
my old non-suspension fork. The front fender has the 2 arms that connect to the eyelets on the
side of the old fork. The Judy TT has one eyelet on one side??!! Is there such a thing as a
bracket that can be used for the other side to create an eyelet. Or do I have to get a fender
without arms.
OK, I found in an old thread " d-shaped metal clips with a black plastic coating that come in
various sizes and are the best solution for mounting fenders to forkends (front or rear) w/o
eyelets." also "zipties" local h/w store has them in electrical section. -
bicyclette said:
I got the Judy TT suspension fork for my ATB. However I can't seem to transfer my fender from
my old non-suspension fork. The front fender has the 2 arms that connect to the eyelets on the
side of the old fork. The Judy TT has one eyelet on one side??!! Is there such a thing as a
bracket that can be used for the other side to create an eyelet. Or do I have to get a fender
without arms.I had a similar issue on my forks, no eyelets. I tried various things and ended up using pipe clamps
(the metal clamps that tighten as you screw them with a bolt placed through them ad rubber
underneath. i then connected the fenders the the out facing bold and attatched a nut. They aren't
the prettiest things, but have worked out fine for me. -
You don't want to do this if you're going to attach the fender around the
fork crown as well.
The movement of shocks are going to cause some problems:-]There are some nifty fenders made that attach inside the fork steerer, I've used one for many years
on my MTB without problems, and it was cheap!-pete
"bicyclette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
bicyclette said:
I got the Judy TT suspension fork for my ATB. However I can't seem to transfer my fender from
my old non-suspension fork. The front fender has the 2 arms that connect to the eyelets on the
side of the old fork. The Judy TT has one eyelet on one side??!! Is there such a thing as a
bracket that can be used for the other side to create an eyelet. Or do I have to get a fender
without arms.
OK, I found in an old thread " d-shaped metal clips with a black plastic coating that come in
various sizes and are the best solution for mounting fenders to forkends (front or rear) w/o
eyelets." also "zipties" local h/w store has them in electrical section.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.