UK and Europe · Public discussion

Motorcycle trailer used for a bicycle.

Started by nicoll · · Last activity · 5 posts · 664 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
2 June 2005
Last activity
2 June 2005
Original author
nicoll
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
664
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am considering using a motorcycle trailer for transporting bicycles. Apart
    from attaching the bicycles to the trailer is there likely to be any
    problems in doing this.

    I'm thinking that the weight of bicycles is much less that a motorbike and
    wonder if the trailer would be too lightly loaded.

    Thanks.

  2. "nicoll" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am considering using a motorcycle trailer for transporting bicycles.
    Apart from attaching the bicycles to the trailer is there likely to be any
    problems in doing this.

    I'm thinking that the weight of bicycles is much less that a motorbike and
    wonder if the trailer would be too lightly loaded.

    Just don't go too fast over them speed humps ;-)

    --
    Matt B

  3. nicoll said:

    I'm thinking that the weight of bicycles is much less that a motorbike and
    wonder if the trailer would be too lightly loaded.

    It would be a pretty braindead piece of trailer engineering if it
    couldn't travel empty (for example, to go and pick up a m/cycle from
    somewhere). I don't think I've ever come across any such thing.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  4. Thanks for replies. My thoughts were the suspension on a motorbike trailer
    would suit the weight of a motorbike and if a bicycle was used instead the
    light weight may mean the suspension doesn't react to the bicycle's weight
    and being stiff the bicycle could bounce out of it supports etc and get
    jolted a lot. This may not be a problem though.

    "Peter Clinch" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    nicoll said:

    I'm thinking that the weight of bicycles is much less that a motorbike
    and wonder if the trailer would be too lightly loaded.

    It would be a pretty braindead piece of trailer engineering if it couldn't
    travel empty (for example, to go and pick up a m/cycle from somewhere). I
    don't think I've ever come across any such thing.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  5. nicoll said:

    I am considering using a motorcycle trailer for transporting
    bicycles. Apart from attaching the bicycles to the trailer is there
    likely to be any problems in doing this.

    I'm thinking that the weight of bicycles is much less that a
    motorbike and wonder if the trailer would be too lightly loaded.

    My chum Mr. Sleigh has used one to transport a fully-faired recumbent trike,
    and I've seen a sailing dinghy trailer used for the transport of a tandem
    trike, so I imagine it should not be a problem. Judicious application of
    toestraps should prevent bicycles from becoming airborne.

    --
    Dave Larrington - <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/>
    Do not top-post like a Cretinous Foul-Yob fit only for Stoning.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.