Road Cycling · Public discussion

Metro Atlanta Bike Shop

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 369 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
4 March 2005
Last activity
4 March 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
369
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. About a year ago I purchased two Trek 3700's from a local bike shop in
    Southside Metro Atlanta. I am now looking for a road bike, but refuse
    to purchase another bike from the same shop. Does anyone have a
    recommendation for any bike shops that carry Treks that won't treat me
    like an idiot or like I'm an inconvenience. Also, is it common
    practice for bike shops to only like customers that buy the expensive
    bikes or those that are knowledgeable riders?

  2. Quoted message said:

    Also, is it common
    practice for bike shops to only like customers that buy the expensive
    bikes or those that are knowledgeable riders?

    I wouldn't think so. Obviously they want to sell the most expensive
    bikes they can, but they should also try their best to satisfy every
    customer by giving that person the best bike they can that will meet
    his/her needs and budget. I think most bike shops understand the value
    of customer service but there are always exceptions.

    If you have any friends or local clubs you might contact someone in
    that group to get an idea for what their favorite shops are.

    -Bill H.

  3. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    About a year ago I purchased two Trek 3700's from a local bike shop in
    Southside Metro Atlanta. I am now looking for a road bike, but refuse
    to purchase another bike from the same shop. Does anyone have a
    recommendation for any bike shops that carry Treks that won't treat me
    like an idiot or like I'm an inconvenience. Also, is it common
    practice for bike shops to only like customers that buy the expensive
    bikes or those that are knowledgeable riders?

    I've had good experiences with Intown Bicycles:
    http://www.intownbicycles.com/

    I've heard good things about Outback Bikes: http://www.outback-bikes.com/

    However, neither carry Trek (according to their websites), so if you are set
    on that I guess you'll have to keep looking...

    --
    Scott Ehardt
    http://www.scehardt.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.