Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Merckx Majestic or Litespeed Classic?

Started by FOGGYPEAKE · · Last activity · 3 posts · 612 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
29 June 2004
Last activity
30 June 2004
Original author
FOGGYPEAKE
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
612
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Any strong opinions on either? I know that the Merckx is made by Litespeed,
    but has a different geometry and tubeset. Both are about the same weight and
    price.

  2. [email hidden] (FOGGYPEAKE) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Any strong opinions on either? I know that the Merckx is made by Litespeed,
    but has a different geometry and tubeset. Both are about the same weight and
    price.

    I would go for the Majestic because it has a much larger down tube.
    Better able to resist bending. Titanium is susceptible to bending.
    With titanium I would go for the largest diameter tubes possible.

  3. foggy-<< Any strong opinions on either? I know that the Merckx is made by
    Litespeed,
    but has a different geometry and tubeset. Both are about the same weight and
    price. >><BR><BR>

    Should mention that 2004 is the last year for Merckx ti framesets.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.