Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

menzies to kalgoorlie

Started by ronni51 · · Last activity · 4 posts · 994 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
4 June 2005
Last activity
8 June 2005
Original author
ronni51
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
994
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello everyone , is anyone from Perth doing the Menzies to Kalgoorlie road race?
    If there is , could you possibly post some results please as our newspaper sometimes is a bit longwinded putting in results.
    Thank you in advance.🙂

  2. ronni51 said:

    Hello everyone , is anyone from Perth doing the Menzies to Kalgoorlie road race?
    If there is , could you possibly post some results please as our newspaper sometimes is a bit longwinded putting in results.
    Thank you in advance.🙂


    Hi Ronni,

    I will be putting the results up on the WA cycling website as soon as i receive them from the Eastern Goldfield Cycling Club. www.wa.cycling.org.au

    Hopefully i get them before the end of the week cause im going to bali on friday!

    FYI, the race was won by a C grader. They had a 'supergroup' form, a bit like radiohead, with about 90 riders and we couldnt catch them. I started 12 minutes off scratch and after 115 km we were still 8 minutes ahead of them and 3 minutes behind C and we were averaging 49.5kph, so even C grade was popping along.

  3. byron27 said:

    Hi Ronni,

    I will be putting the results up on the WA cycling website as soon as i receive them from the Eastern Goldfield Cycling Club. www.wa.cycling.org.au

    Hopefully i get them before the end of the week cause im going to bali on friday!

    FYI, the race was won by a C grader. They had a 'supergroup' form, a bit like radiohead, with about 90 riders and we couldnt catch them. I started 12 minutes off scratch and after 115 km we were still 8 minutes ahead of them and 3 minutes behind C and we were averaging 49.5kph, so even C grade was popping along.

    Thanks Byron, its only the richest road race in Australia , but the West Australia Paper probably won't say much about it , now if it was football or cricket.
    I believe the guy who won it was a non cyclist apparently a Olympic paddler ..Your average speed was incredible for that distance.
    If only I was young again. Thanks anyway

  4. ronni51 <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Hello everyone , is anyone from Perth doing the Menzies to Kalgoorlie
    road race?
    If there is , could you possibly post some results please as our
    newspaper sometimes is a bit longwinded putting in results.
    Thank you in advance.🙂

    I wandered out of the Broad Arrow Tavern just as one of the groups was
    going past (I was gold prospecting on one of the nearby leases). They had
    the beginning (or maybe end) of one of the sprint sections marked on the
    road, but I didn't notice any real change in pace for the couple of hundred
    metres either side of the mark that I could see. I don't know much (or
    anything really) about road racing, so is this normal or were they all too
    knackered to give a noticeable sprint? The pace did seem pretty fast when
    they went past though.

    Graeme

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.