Ch 10 are down there filming. Also here's audio of Nick McCallum on 3AW from this morning - discussing both sides of 'bicycle safety' issues. Rather lengthy audio, hopefully can edit it down soon.
Ch 10 are down there filming. Also 'here's audio of Nick McCallum on 3AW' (http://www.mith.com.au/images/3YawN_nm_yarra.mp3) from this morning - discussing both sides of 'bicycle safety' issues. Rather lengthy audio, hopefully can edit it down soon.
-- cfsmtb
They say its only a matter of time before someone is hurt and killed on Southbank.
Well I say looking at the Flinders st station intersection and fed sq crosswalk, its only a matter of hours till someone else is injured and taken to hospital. Based on what i see and the stats. Just because pedestrians don't travel at speed it doesn't make them not dangerous.
And I actually had one jaywalker take a swing at me today.
They say its only a matter of time before someone is hurt and killed on Southbank.
Well I say looking at the Flinders st station intersection and fed sq crosswalk, its only a matter of hours till someone else is injured and taken to hospital. Based on what i see and the stats. Just because pedestrians don't travel at speed it doesn't make them not dangerous.
And I actually had one jaywalker take a swing at me today.
I was wondering where you were going there. Then it all made sense.
One update today from Our People on the Spot:
In one half hour (this afternoon) at the Queensbridge x-ing:
- 12 drivers talking on mobiles (photos taken) - 3 southbound cyclists given 'advisory' warnings and possibly some freebie light giveaways from the police.