Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

[Melb] Rider down in Abbotsford (Nicholson St)

Started by Gags · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,452 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
3 April 2008
Last activity
3 April 2008
Original author
Gags
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,452
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Was on the way home tonight and at just before 6pm I saw an ambulance on
    Nicholson St and I assume that something had happened to a cyclist as one of
    the ambos was taking the front wheel off a bike so that it would fit in the
    meat wagon. The bike was a blue Cannondale hybrid with racks fitted and I
    am sure that I have seen it before as it has cow horn handlebars on with
    really big padding under a normal wrap of bar tape (this is the bit that
    stands out in my memory).

    The bike didn't look to be damaged so I am not sure what might of happened
    as it was on a straight section of the road and nowhere near any
    sidestreet.....maybe the poor guy/girl got doored??

    Any of the Melbournites in here know what happened??

    Gags

  2. Gags said:

    Was on the way home tonight and at just before 6pm I saw an ambulance on

    Quoted message said:

    The bike didn't look to be damaged so I am not sure what might of happened
    as it was on a straight section of the road and nowhere near any
    sidestreet.....maybe the poor guy/girl got doored??

    Haven't heard or read anything on the grapevine yet, although after
    yesterday I wouldn't be too surprised if a stick or random [censored] could
    of flipped into spokes. I saw a large part of a old peppercorn and
    several oompa loompas go horizontal past the windows while at work at
    about 2.30pm yesterday. 😉

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.