I have a pair of 2005 Mavic Kysrium SL with about 5k miles on them. At about 2k miles, I noticed slop/play in the front hub an the rim will deflect from side to side about 1/16". Bounding the front wheel off the ground makes a noticable vibration sound similar to a loose front fork. It seems minor and doesn't bother me much and have been riding on them since.
I'm a newbie with these wheels and I was wondering if an adjustment can be made to the hubs to eliminate the slop/play. Do these hubs have sealed bearings which cannot be adjusted? Any advice would help.
I have a pair of 2005 Mavic Kysrium SL with about 5k miles on them. At about 2k miles, I noticed slop/play in the front hub an the rim will deflect from side to side about 1/16". Bounding the front wheel off the ground makes a noticable vibration sound similar to a loose front fork. It seems minor and doesn't bother me much and have been riding on them since.
I'm a newbie with these wheels and I was wondering if an adjustment can be made to the hubs to eliminate the slop/play. Do these hubs have sealed bearings which cannot be adjusted? Any advice would help.
-Tom
The hubs can be micro-adjusted. There is a tool that comes with Mavic wheels sets for this purpose. If you do not have the tool, take it to your local bick shop and I am sure they would be happy to assist you.
Adjusting them takes about 10 seconds.
You can also purchase the tool (I got mine off of Ebay) for about $10.00.
Some say a pair of spanners will work as well for this purpose but I would stick the right tool.