Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Mavic Crossmax SLR 26 broken spokes

Started by Joseeduardo · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,694 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
18 September 2014
Last activity
18 September 2014
Original author
Joseeduardo
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,694
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all, I have some rims Mavic Crossmax SLR 26 disk and have had three broken spokes in recent weeks in my back wheel, especially on the side of the cassette, have been replaced by specialized mechanic, and without any particular reason and rolling on flat ground without obstacles, re-break
    I think there is a problem in the assembly of the spokes strike, I wonder if anyone has had this problem, or if anyone can suggest me something to solve this problem.

    Thanks.

    Joseeduardo

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by Joseeduardo
    Hi all, I have some rims Mavic Crossmax SLR 26 disk and have had three broken spokes in recent weeks in my back wheel, especially on the side of the cassette, have been replaced by specialized mechanic, and without any particular reason and rolling on flat ground without obstacles, re-break
    I think there is a problem in the assembly of the spokes strike, I wonder if anyone has had this problem, or if anyone can suggest me something to solve this problem.

    Thanks.

    Joseeduardo


    FYI. Your "specialized mechanic" probably did not de-tension ALL of the spokes before re-truing the wheel ...

    • YOU should probably take the time to learn how to lace-and-true wheels (front & rear) and then you won't have the problem in the future.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.