From EuroSport today:
Manzano, who nonetheless insists that he remains confident, also lashed out
at UCI President Hein Verbruggen and five-time Tour de France winner Lance
Armstrong, who've both doubted his allegations:
"Liars and hypocrites are those who accuse me of lying. They earn a lot of
money thanks to cycling and they certainly don't want to hear about doping."
"Armstrong lacks class"
Manzano was particularly vehement regarding Armstrong who recently
criticized Manzano for selling his story to the press, hinting that the
bigger the revelations, the higher the asking price:
"Lance Armstrong lacks a lot of class. May he keep quiet and prepare his
sixth Tour! He doesn't know what he's talking about. I hadn't been paid in
four months by my team. I earned 9,000 euros for my collaboration with
[Spanish newspaper] AS, he earned money with his books on his illness."
He also denounced the low-key approach of world body president Verbruggen:
"I'd like to meet him to discuss doping with him, not the UCI Pro Tour."