Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Lupine Edison or Lumicycle HID?

Started by Duncan Smith · · Last activity · 5 posts · 595 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
21 December 2006
Last activity
22 December 2006
Original author
Duncan Smith
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
595
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've narrowed my choice for a main night-light down to these two. I
    have a strong preference for the Edison because I'm night blind and any
    extra brightness is most welcome, and because of the longer battery
    life - makes it more versatile, i.e. suitable for future uses other
    than the commute to work.

    The Edison (I think) comes in two choices of beam 18 and 10deg. The
    Lumicycle however is 13 (offroad) and 10 (road). I'll be buying the
    road angle, but is the Edison's too wide (it's getting on for the
    Lumicycle's offroad angle)

    How do people find the Edison for commuting, will it dazzle oncoming
    traffic? My commute is along rural twisty roads.

    I suppose the bulb will need replacing once a year or so, so parts
    availability, cost and customer service could be factors too.

    Many thanks,

    Duncan.

  2. ["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.cycling.]

    Duncan Smith said:


    I suppose the bulb will need replacing once a year or so, so parts
    availability, cost and customer service could be factors too.

    I've never heard anything but praise for Lumicycle customer service.

    My own experience (from day 1, when I had a small problem with one of
    the lights) has been exemplary.

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|
    |/ \|

  3. Duncan Smith said:

    I've narrowed my choice for a main night-light down to these two. I
    have a strong preference for the Edison because I'm night blind and any
    extra brightness is most welcome, and because of the longer battery
    life - makes it more versatile, i.e. suitable for future uses other
    than the commute to work.

    The Edison (I think) comes in two choices of beam 18 and 10deg. The
    Lumicycle however is 13 (offroad) and 10 (road). I'll be buying the
    road angle, but is the Edison's too wide (it's getting on for the
    Lumicycle's offroad angle)

    How do people find the Edison for commuting, will it dazzle oncoming
    traffic? My commute is along rural twisty roads.

    I suppose the bulb will need replacing once a year or so, so parts
    availability, cost and customer service could be factors too.

    Many thanks,

    Duncan.

    How can you go wrong with a ight named 'Edison'? Kinda like Merckx of
    lites, no??

  4. Duncan Smith said:

    I've narrowed my choice for a main night-light down to these two. I
    have a strong preference for the Edison because I'm night blind and any
    extra brightness is most welcome, and because of the longer battery
    life - makes it more versatile, i.e. suitable for future uses other
    than the commute to work.

    The Edison (I think) comes in two choices of beam 18 and 10deg. The
    Lumicycle however is 13 (offroad) and 10 (road). I'll be buying the
    road angle, but is the Edison's too wide (it's getting on for the
    Lumicycle's offroad angle)

    How do people find the Edison for commuting, will it dazzle oncoming
    traffic? My commute is along rural twisty roads.

    I've had mine for about four years. It's an in-cred-i-ble light. The
    batteries last only something like 3-4yrs, so start saving for a
    replacement.

    Mine's bar-mounted, so ... if oncoming IS a problem (it really hasn't
    been), I can nudge the beam down or switch to the low power setting.

    The beam pattern is great. The burn time is epic. The overall quality
    is superb. It's just g-d-awful expensive. That's all ;-)

    Bought my wife a Passubio XC, too. Big fans of Lupine....

  5. "Duncan Smith" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    How do people find the Edison for commuting, will it dazzle oncoming
    traffic?

    What does it give? 25 watts?

    I've ordered a couple of 50 watt small car foglights for attracting
    attention...

    --
    tallbloke

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.