Road Cycling · Public discussion

Luca Scinto Riding High Undetected by UCI

Started by Ep · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,222 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
23 January 2003
Last activity
23 January 2003
Original author
Ep
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,222
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Scinto retires

    After nine years of racing for the MG-Technogym, Asics and Mapei-Quick Step teams, 34-year-old
    Tuscan rider Luca Scinto, one of the key players in Italy's victory at the Zolder World
    Championships, has decided to leave cycling.

    "My decision was taken after period of personal reflection with certain aspects of my personal life
    also adding to the outcome. I am honoured with the proposal that Mario Cipollini and Vincenzo
    Santoni made to me a few days ago, and I thank them for this; however I am also aware of the
    commitment involved in being alongside a World Champion such as Mario. I believe I have always
    carried out my job very professionally and honestly, fully respecting my rôle alongside captains
    that I have had the privilege to work with and at the same time being able to create a good personal
    image of myself.

    "In particular I would like to thank my family and all of those that have sustained me, even in
    difficult moments of my career, and the many fans that have always supported me.

    "I am honoured to finish my career <<< on a high >>> riding for a great team such as Mapei; they
    have left a big gap in the cycling world. The Mapei team gave me the opportunity to think
    exclusively and solely about a cyclist's life, being part of a structure that, thanks to the Squinzi
    family's passion and very professional ways of doing things, enabled both myself and my team-mates
    to ride without pressure concentrating exclusively on the competitive aspects.

    Source: cyclingnews.comnews

  2. That's the kind of high we want Emma.

    "EP" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Scinto retires

    After nine years of racing for the MG-Technogym, Asics and Mapei-Quick


    Step teams, 34-year-old Tuscan rider Luca Scinto, one of the

    Quoted message said:

    key players in Italy's victory at the Zolder World Championships, has


    decided to leave cycling.

    Quoted message said:


    "My decision was taken after period of personal reflection with certain


    aspects of my personal life also adding to the outcome. I am

    Quoted message said:

    honoured with the proposal that Mario Cipollini and Vincenzo Santoni made


    to me a few days ago, and I thank them for this; however I

    Quoted message said:

    am also aware of the commitment involved in being alongside a World


    Champion such as Mario. I believe I have always carried out my

    Quoted message said:

    job very professionally and honestly, fully respecting my rôle alongside


    captains that I have had the privilege to work with and at

    Quoted message said:

    the same time being able to create a good personal image of myself.

    "In particular I would like to thank my family and all of those that have


    sustained me, even in difficult moments of my career, and

    Quoted message said:

    the many fans that have always supported me.

    "I am honoured to finish my career <<< on a high >>> riding for a great


    team such as Mapei; they have left a big gap in the

    Quoted message said:

    cycling world. The Mapei team gave me the opportunity to think exclusively


    and solely about a cyclist's life, being part of a

    Quoted message said:

    structure that, thanks to the Squinzi family's passion and very


    professional ways of doing things, enabled both myself and my

    Quoted message said:

    team-mates to ride without pressure concentrating exclusively on the


    competitive aspects.

    Quoted message said:


    Source: cyclingnews.comnews

  3. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Luca Scinto Riding High Undetected by UCI From: "Tom Kunich" [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    That's the kind of high we want Emma.

    "EP" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Scinto retires

    After nine years of racing for the MG-Technogym, Asics and Mapei-Quick


    Step teams, 34-year-old Tuscan rider Luca Scinto, one of the

    Quoted message said:

    key players in Italy's victory at the Zolder World Championships, has


    decided to leave cycling.

    Quoted message said:


    "My decision was taken after period of personal reflection with certain


    aspects of my personal life also adding to the outcome. I am

    Quoted message said:

    honoured with the proposal that Mario Cipollini and Vincenzo Santoni made


    to me a few days ago, and I thank them for this; however I

    Quoted message said:

    am also aware of the commitment involved in being alongside a World


    Champion such as Mario. I believe I have always carried out my

    Quoted message said:

    job very professionally and honestly, fully respecting my rôle alongside


    captains that I have had the privilege to work with and at

    Quoted message said:

    the same time being able to create a good personal image of myself.

    "In particular I would like to thank my family and all of those that have


    sustained me, even in difficult moments of my career, and

    Quoted message said:

    the many fans that have always supported me.

    "I am honoured to finish my career <<< on a high >>> riding for a great


    team such as Mapei; they have left a big gap in the

    Quoted message said:

    cycling world. The Mapei team gave me the opportunity to think exclusively


    and solely about a cyclist's life, being part of a

    Quoted message said:

    structure that, thanks to the Squinzi family's passion and very


    professional ways of doing things, enabled both myself and my

    Quoted message said:

    team-mates to ride without pressure concentrating exclusively on the


    competitive aspects.

    Quoted message said:


    Source: cyclingnews.comnews

    The only thing worse than Emma reposting boring cyclingnews stuff is Tommy Boy Eunich responding to
    it...... monkeyhillcs.comronde champ -----Sharon Peters Personal Trainer to the
    Stars-------- Remove "No Junk" to reply please!!!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.