What about radial laced wheels? I read that they have a tendency to loosen up where crossed
patterns won't.
--
Eric [email hidden] remove nospam from the address!
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
What about radial laced wheels? I read that they have a tendency to loosen up where crossed
patterns won't.
--
Eric [email hidden] remove nospam from the address!
In article <[email hidden]>,
Eric said:What about radial laced wheels? I read that they have a tendency to loosen up where crossed
patterns won't.
Correct, that's why you lube the nipples - to get it really tight.
--Paul
eric-<< What about radial laced wheels? I read that they have a tendency to loosen up where crossed
patterns won't. >><BR><BR>
Samo-lube the nipps, both the threads and where it lives in the rim, ragardless of lacing pattern or
spoke gauge or anything else. And build to proper tension, as the wheel needs this like the nipps
need lube.
Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.comOpen ↗ "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:What about radial laced wheels? I read that they have a tendency to loosen up where crossed
patterns won't.
You lube spokes, nipple, and the rim area where the nipples seat on all wheels regardless of
lacing pattern.
-------------
Alex
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.