Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Looking to buy a bike

Started by bikerfrog · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,884 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
13 October 2004
Last activity
14 October 2004
Original author
bikerfrog
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,884
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My husband and I are both looking to buy inexpensive bikes just to ride for fun on the weekends. I know nothing about bikes. I think I'd like a mountain bike. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to get a good bike, but only spend around $125. I'd appreciate any help you might provide us!

  2. Hello!

    Welcome to our sport. Although there may seem like a large number of options most of them are going to be of very little use to you and your husband. Within your price range, I am asuming american dollers you are not going to have very many choices at all. If it is for very lite weekend riding I would look at a canadian tire hard tail, somthing like a schwinn 210 FS. It is one of the better bikes they sell, and although most people will flame me for this I think it is an ok beginer bike. It has a aluminam frame so it will be lite and an omni front shock. If you are not using it for jumping and whatnot it should last you a fair amount of time. If you have any other questions about it feel free to ask. Hope this helps you out a little.

    EDIT:
    schwinn.caBikeDetails.jsp

    schwinn.caBikeDetails.jsp

  3. You could get a good starter MTB called the MOTIV VORTEX for around that price.

    Good Luck, Cyclist14

  4. bikerfrog said:

    My husband and I are both looking to buy inexpensive bikes just to ride for fun on the weekends. I know nothing about bikes. I think I'd like a mountain bike. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to get a good bike, but only spend around $125. I'd appreciate any help you might provide us!

    My standard response for new people looking for a new bike is: www.mtbr.com
    Great starting point to do some research.
    I do agree with CUSTOM, not sure if you can get a quality bike for that price. If you can bump that up by $50-$100, you may get something that could last a little longer.
    The main thing to remember is to find a good bike shop. Talk to them. Tell them what you want. I talked with six different shops before I bought my first one. You will get quality attention, knowledge, and service from a good bike shop. Plus, you may be able to bargin with a shop if you're buying two at once. Look for last year's model for an even better deal.

    Good Luck and welcome aboard!

    RIDE ON!
    RubberSideDown

  5. RubberSideDown said:

    My standard response for new people looking for a new bike is: www.mtbr.com
    Great starting point to do some research.
    I do agree with CUSTOM, not sure if you can get a quality bike for that price. If you can bump that up by $50-$100, you may get something that could last a little longer.
    The main thing to remember is to find a good bike shop. Talk to them. Tell them what you want. I talked with six different shops before I bought my first one. You will get quality attention, knowledge, and service from a good bike shop. Plus, you may be able to bargin with a shop if you're buying two at once. Look for last year's model for an even better deal.

    Good Luck and welcome aboard!

    RIDE ON!
    RubberSideDown


    I couldn't agree more, if you can manage like 200-250 (USD) you can get a pretty sweet starter bike, like a GIANT or somthing along those lines!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.