Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Looking for the right entry level bike

Started by Aquaguru · · Last activity · 2 posts · 851 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
21 July 2011
Last activity
21 July 2011
Original author
Aquaguru
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
851
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey everyone this will be my first post here and I'm looking forward to getting into cycling. Right now I'm having a hard time choosing a bike. I am looking into getting a mountain bike that is also effective in road races. I plan on doing most of my riding on the road but would like to be able to hit the singletracks on the weekends. I am leaning into the direction of the Hardrock 29er because I like the lock out fork for switching between road and trail. But the price is a little steep for me (700). I'm a college student, with grad school coming up so I think it goes without saying that money is tight.

    Can you guys lean me into a direction of other bike options that you think I would be interested in.

    Thanks for all your help

  2. You may want to check out cyclocross bikes, they will be much faster in a road race than a mountain bike but they still can handle some offroad riding.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.