UK and Europe · Public discussion

Looking for some rare (probably) parts

Started by Neil · · Last activity · 4 posts · 820 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
12 May 2003
Last activity
27 May 2003
Original author
Neil
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
820
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello all,

    De - lurking for the second time this year, I was wondering if anyone on here would know where I can
    find the following?

    Firstly I'm looking for Suntour Power Shifter, the one with the fine ratchet, but 2 handled for
    front and rear Disraeli (I ride a road bike you see)

    Secondly, I've got a wheel built from a nice Tandem Hub with an RH thread to take the block, but on
    the other side theres an LH thread of the same size - my theory is that this might be to take a hub
    brake - can anyone shed any light?

    Happy cycling, if it is a bit windy 🙂

    Neil

  2. Neil said:


    Secondly, I've got a wheel built from a nice Tandem Hub with an RH thread to take the block, but
    on the other side theres an LH thread of the same size - my theory is that this might be to take a
    hub brake - can anyone shed any light?

    It won't be that because a brake on a LH thread on that side of the hub would come unscrewed - it
    needs to be RH.

    Is it all LH, or half LH & half RH, in which case it's a fixed-free hub.

    If it's just a LH thread it must be for applying power to the rear wheel in some way.

    Hmmm, I seem to be shedding dark rather than light.

    --
    Andrew Pattle

  3. "Pattledom" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Neil said:


    Secondly, I've got a wheel built from a nice Tandem Hub with an RH thread to take the block, but
    on the other side theres an LH thread of the same size - my theory is that this might be to take
    a hub brake - can anyone shed any light?

    It won't be that because a brake on a LH thread on that side of the hub would come unscrewed - it
    needs to be RH.

    Is it all LH, or half LH & half RH, in which case it's a fixed-free hub.

    If it's just a LH thread it must be for applying power to the rear wheel


    in

    Quoted message said:

    some way.

    Hmmm, I seem to be shedding dark rather than light.

    You're pretty much there.

    It's almost certainly an RH thread on both sides, and yes, it is there to take a drum brake - the
    Arai drum brake is the standard tandem drum brake.

    Neil - try checking the threading again!

    cheers, clive

  4. Are you still looking for Suntour Powershifter levers? I've just removed a pair from my broken road
    bike (frame snapped). I'll probably be building more of a mountain type bike to replace it so
    probably won't need them. Let me know if you're interested. They were fitted to the bike back in
    about 1980 (ish) and are still working perfectly. Cheers Colin

    "Neil" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello all,

    De - lurking for the second time this year, I was wondering if anyone on here would know where I
    can find the following?

    Firstly I'm looking for Suntour Power Shifter, the one with the fine ratchet, but 2 handled for
    front and rear Disraeli (I ride a road bike you see)

    Secondly, I've got a wheel built from a nice Tandem Hub with an RH thread to take the block, but
    on the other side theres an LH thread of the same size - my theory is that this might be to take a
    hub brake - can anyone shed any light?

    Happy cycling, if it is a bit windy 🙂

    Neil

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.