General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Looking for P.A.N. Pre-Cooked White Corn Meal, 2 lb.

Started by Ginny · · Last activity · 2 posts · 605 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 May 2004
Last activity
8 May 2004
Original author
Ginny
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
605
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Greetings,

    I recently had arepas, made by a Venezuelan friend in San
    Francisco. I loved them and would really like to re-create
    them here at home in Denver. She used P.A.N. brand cornmeal.

    I have looked at five different big-name grocery stores for
    the P.A.N. but have been unable to find it anywhere. I now
    wish that I had purchased some in San Francisco and brought
    it back with me. My friend is not in SF now, so she can't
    send me any.

    After some research online, I have found that the brand
    P.A.N. could be substituted with any product labeled as Masa
    Arepa. I did see something similar to this at one grocery
    store, a cornmeal that was specified as "for tamales".

    My question is first, does anyone know of a site from
    which I can mail order P.A.N.? I have found just one, but
    the site requires an order of $30 or more, and I'm not
    going to purchase that much P.A.N. or buy anything else
    from the site.

    My second question is, is anything labeled "Masa Arepa"
    identical to the product labeled under the "P.A.N." brand? I
    really want the pancakes to be as authentic as possible.

    Thank you in advance!

  2. Ginny said:

    Greetings,

    I recently had arepas, made by a Venezuelan friend in San
    Francisco. I loved them and would really like to re-create
    them here at home in Denver. She used P.A.N. brand
    cornmeal.

    Sorry, but I'm not familiar with P.A.N. I do know Masa
    Harina (sorry, don't know the brand) is a very finely ground
    cornmeal which might work. I use it for tamales but there is
    no reason you cannot use it for other things too. Why not
    ask your friend what she's using now? This is assuming she's
    not in Venezuela where (presumably) she cannot ship grain
    products to the U.S.

    Jill

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.