When I was a kid my family would fry big chunks of jowl bacon over an open fire. They would drip the hot grease on bread (rye?) covered in vegtables (onions, peppers, etc).
What is the name of this?? I think I remember something link 'juosh kenya'-- I'm sure the spelling is way off.
When I was a kid my family would fry big chunks of jowl bacon over an open fire. They would drip the hot grease on bread (rye?) covered in vegtables (onions, peppers, etc).
What is the name of this?? I think I remember something link 'juosh kenya'-- I'm sure the spelling is way off.
-- Artifical Flavor: A chemical concoction with the power to make grape soda taste more like grapes than grapes do. -- Bayan, Rick; The Cynic's Dictionary, 2002
Close, I wonder if the part about dripping the hot grease on the bread of vegies was a modification by my family. I still could swear they called it 'Judosh Kenya' of something like that.
We always called it 'Shootin' Bacon' back in the day.
My in-laws call this Szalonna but I think that just means bacon. They eat it just like you describe, dripped on rye with green peppers and onions. I think in Hungary it's so generic it might not have a proper name.
I'm getting hungry..
<[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
When I was a kid my family would fry big chunks of jowl bacon over an open fire. They would drip the hot grease on bread (rye?) covered in vegtables (onions, peppers, etc).
What is the name of this?? I think I remember something link 'juosh kenya'-- I'm sure the spelling is way off.