Dear Erika: You made the following comments about Mortons Neuroma:
"Well, I had this for about ten years. I did everything (plenty of
cortisone
shots, medications, orthotics, only wearing Birkenstocks because they
are wide enough, physical therapy , rest, and massage.) They only thing
I
have to say is give it time if you *really* don't want the surgery. You
may find that you can put up with the pain like I did. I must admit, I
didn't understand why the doctors kept pushing cortisone shots and
medications
on me. These things might reduce the swelling, but the neuroma is still
there. (Actually, I usually felt worse after a cortisone shot!) If you
do
decide to have the surgery, I think you will find it no big deal. I sat
up and watched them take it out. I was amazed at how well evolved the
neuroma
was- it was about the size of a dime and no amount of medication was
going
to change that! If you want details on the surgery, feel free to e-mail
me."
Could you please email me ASAP as I have further questions for you.
thanks you in advanced for your help.
Joan
British Columbia, Canada