Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Looking for a girl's bike frame

Started by Plodder · · Last activity · 4 posts · 460 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
8 March 2006
Last activity
9 March 2006
Original author
Plodder
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
460
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My partner has a groin injury that makes it very difficult for her to get on
    and off her bikes. She has to lay the bike on the ground and step on and
    off. She has an old Trek MTB with panniers intended for shopping but she's
    unable to use it so i'm looking for a women's MTB frame to swap the TREK
    parts on to. Gotta be cheap!

    I'm in Roleystone, WA. Anyone got anything I can buy cheap or, better yet,
    scrounge? I'll even go for a whole bike and swap parts between the two bikes
    as needed. Can swap some parts (I have all sorts of bits in the shed) for a
    bike/frame if that suits.

    Her ladyship is in a great deal of pain (waiting for an MRI - 3 months to
    go) a lot of the time which makes it hard to get her riding. She enjoys a
    spin but getting started is a battle. We reckon a girl's bike will help...

    Email off list...

    Cheers,

    --
    Frank
    [email hidden]
    Drop DACKS to reply

  2. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 07:03:58 +0800, "Plodder" <[email hidden] (remove DAKS to reply)>

    Quoted message said:

    My partner has a groin injury that makes it very difficult for her to get on
    and off her bikes. She has to lay the bike on the ground and step on and
    off. She has an old Trek MTB with panniers intended for shopping but she's
    unable to use it so i'm looking for a women's MTB frame to swap the TREK
    parts on to. Gotta be cheap!

    Ever have council cleanups near your place? Around my place (Sydney) there would be 15-20 bikes of
    all types chucked out in nearby streets every 6 months. Most have perfect frames.

    Quoted message said:

    I'm in Roleystone, WA. Anyone got anything I can buy cheap or, better yet,
    scrounge? I'll even go for a whole bike and swap parts between the two bikes
    as needed. Can swap some parts (I have all sorts of bits in the shed) for a
    bike/frame if that suits.

    Her ladyship is in a great deal of pain (waiting for an MRI - 3 months to
    go) a lot of the time which makes it hard to get her riding. She enjoys a
    spin but getting started is a battle. We reckon a girl's bike will help...

    Medical care sucks in Australia if you rely on Medicare. ;-(

  3. --
    Frank
    [email hidden]
    Drop DACKS to reply
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 07:03:58 +0800, "Plodder" <[email hidden]


    (remove DAKS to reply)>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    My partner has a groin injury that makes it very difficult for her to


    get on

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and off her bikes. She has to lay the bike on the ground and step on and
    off. She has an old Trek MTB with panniers intended for shopping but


    she's

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    unable to use it so i'm looking for a women's MTB frame to swap the TREK
    parts on to. Gotta be cheap!

    Ever have council cleanups near your place? Around my place (Sydney)


    there would be 15-20 bikes of

    Quoted message said:

    all types chucked out in nearby streets every 6 months. Most have perfect


    frames.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    I'm in Roleystone, WA. Anyone got anything I can buy cheap or, better


    yet,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    scrounge? I'll even go for a whole bike and swap parts between the two


    bikes

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    as needed. Can swap some parts (I have all sorts of bits in the shed)


    for a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    bike/frame if that suits.

    Her ladyship is in a great deal of pain (waiting for an MRI - 3 months


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    go) a lot of the time which makes it hard to get her riding. She enjoys


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    spin but getting started is a battle. We reckon a girl's bike will


    help...

    Quoted message said:


    Medical care sucks in Australia if you rely on Medicare. ;-(

    Been scouting the hard rubbish pickups but have come up blank so far. Lots
    of bikes but no decent girl's bike frames.

    Dead right about Medicare. She called for an appointment as was told
    September as a Medicare patient. She then mentioned she has private cover
    and (surprise, surprise!) there's an appointment in June. We'll turn up in
    June and use Medicare - I'll be arguing for her (I'm better at it than she
    is!) that she said she has private cover; she didn't say she was going to
    use it :-)

    Rotten seeing someone in so much pain and having to wait for so long to get
    treatment. And that's one of the 'best in the world' is it?

    me

  4. Plodder said:

    Dead right about Medicare. She called for an appointment as was told
    September as a Medicare patient. She then mentioned she has private
    cover and (surprise, surprise!) there's an appointment in June. We'll
    turn up in June and use Medicare - I'll be arguing for her (I'm
    better at it than she is!) that she said she has private cover; she
    didn't say she was going to use it :-)

    Rotten seeing someone in so much pain and having to wait for so long
    to get treatment. And that's one of the 'best in the world' is it?

    Go for it. My mother in law won't mind getting further back in the queue for
    her hip. She'd be a private patient if she wasn't on an old age pension
    living in subsidised Gov't housing. She gets by fine with what the Gov't
    doles out and my wife sneaks her when she thinks I'm not looking.

    I own two electric lift chairs and one aged person's three wheel scooter.
    None of those are at my house.

    Theo

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.