Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Lets measure Ride-A-Lot "fear decides skill" level

Started by LIBERATOR · · Last activity · 2 posts · 848 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
7 April 2008
Last activity
8 April 2008
Original author
LIBERATOR
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
848
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. What is Ride-A-Lots level of skill due to fear (it's all math people)
    ranking?

    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/JJonas/Biking/Ft%20Collins/Pic016.jpg

    Can Ride-A-Lot clear this section (filmed by another RUSH cronie
    puppet [who I like])?

    This section, rated by me, by my skill ranking and understanding of
    MTBing is easy.

    You keep your arms limp and go fast and your weight at or behind the
    seat post.

    Ride-A-Lot doesn't seem to know these things. Furthermore, those he
    rides with don't teach him these things.

    He needs personal one on one instruction, of which to get him past his
    fears that are keeping him lacking in ability.

    Ride-A-Lot actually has an advantage with his weight over use skinny
    people. The problem is he doesn't know how to use his weight, but is
    scared of his weight. His weight advantageous offering is that when
    clearing sections like "The Wall" and or "Apex", he's not thrown
    easily because of his weight. He is not susceptible to losing his line
    like skinny people are, because the inertia of his weight is harder to
    throw off center, than light people.

    I could do wonders for BumpKinPus, I mean Mitchel, if only he'd stop
    being a puppet and be diplomatic in the name of achieving progress in
    his skills, I could make it worth both our time.

    Now me, however, the only thing I cannot do on MTBs is ride the little
    logs suspended in the air through forests. To me that is the most
    deadly thing. You make one error you're falling 30 feet and hitting
    about 20 branches, or when those guys are raging through the trees and
    only 3 feet wide trails, where if they slp on something not supposed
    to be there - say like a woodpecker who knocks itself out from pecking
    on a tree, and then falls to his death or is knocked out and is on the
    trail where the MTBers didn't have time to react to him, that knocked
    out bird is going to make them crash at 30MPH into the trees. They're
    dead.

    Those skills are the skills I don't have. I can clear any natural
    obstacles, rock gardens, drops, ect. But the man-made obstacles
    through the forests and elevated, I am terrified of. Of course I never
    had tried them, so like anythign else I could build up skills to do it
    by trying repetitively.

    But as of right now I fear those types of courses.

    So in a manner I'm just like Sprinsky.

  2. LIBERATOR said:

    What is Ride-A-Lots level of skill due to fear (it's all math people)
    ranking?

    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/JJonas/Biking/Ft%20Collins/Pic...

    Can Ride-A-Lot clear this section (filmed by another RUSH cronie
    puppet [who I like])?

    This section, rated by me, by my skill ranking and understanding of
    MTBing is easy.

    You keep your arms limp and go fast and your weight at or behind the
    seat post.

    Ride-A-Lot doesn't seem to know these things. Furthermore, those he
    rides with don't teach him these things.

    He needs personal one on one instruction, of which to get him past his
    fears that are keeping him lacking in ability.

    Ride-A-Lot actually has an advantage with his weight over use skinny
    people. The problem is he doesn't know how to use his weight, but is
    scared of his weight. His weight advantageous offering is that when
    clearing sections like "The Wall" and or "Apex", he's not thrown
    easily because of his weight. He is not susceptible to losing his line
    like skinny people are, because the inertia of his weight is harder to
    throw off center, than light people.

    I could do wonders for BumpKinPus, I mean Mitchel, if only he'd stop
    being a puppet and be diplomatic in the name of achieving progress in
    his skills, I could make it worth both our time.

    Now me, however, the only thing I cannot do on MTBs is ride the little
    logs suspended in the air through forests. To me that is the most
    deadly thing. You make one error you're falling 30 feet and hitting
    about 20 branches, or when those guys are raging through the trees and
    only 3 feet wide trails, where if they slp on something not supposed
    to be there - say like a woodpecker who knocks itself out from pecking
    on a tree, and then falls to his death or is knocked out and is on the
    trail where the MTBers didn't have time to react to him, that knocked
    out bird is going to make them crash at 30MPH into the trees. They're
    dead.

    Those skills are the skills I don't have. I can clear any natural
    obstacles, rock gardens, drops, ect. But the man-made obstacles
    through the forests and elevated, I am terrified of. Of course I never
    had tried them, so like anythign else I could build up skills to do it
    by trying repetitively.

    But as of right now I fear those types of courses.

    So in a manner I'm just like Sprinsky.

    Be Nice.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.