Cycling Training · Public discussion

L2P Bike Ride Training Regimen

Started by irishequine · · Last activity · 1 post · 741 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
24 November 2010
Last activity
24 November 2010
Original author
irishequine
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
741
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi folks,
    This is my first post on this forum. I recently received an invitation to participate in the London to Paris bike ride this summer.

    I was hoping someone back here would have some advice or a good resource to prepare a training regimen for the next 6+ months.

    I am 26 and in relatively good shape, but not where I need to be stamina wise. The person I am riding with will undoubtedly want to ride with the fastest or second fastest group, so I need to get in tip top biking shape by June. I have completed two century rides so I am comfortable on a road bike, but I wouldn't consider myself an experienced rider. I live in Washington DC so training in the cold of winter becomes a bit of an issue over the next few months. I've thought about purchasing a trainer for this, but they appear to be rather expensive.

    I would welcome any input from more experienced riders about the best way to approach this ambitious ride.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.