Power meters · Public discussion

Kickin' off after LONG rest ? :-)

Started by giannip · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,641 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
5 November 2007
Last activity
29 November 2007
Original author
giannip
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,641
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Ok so between work / home commitments , 1 week of illness and generally getting over my first full year of (lots) of racing, it's 2 months to the day since I pedalled in anger (although I would rather call ig suffering).

    Today I went for a nice cruise for 50min and I think it's time to start getting going for next year. The season start end of Feb / Early March so it's probably about time.

    While I'm sure I've lost quite a bit of conditioning. Would there be anything specific I need to be aware of getting back. My plan is to ride 3 more times this week (1hr, 1hr, 2hrs) @ recovery / light endruance pace. The next week I was thinking of doing 4 spins of similar intensity and maybe do a 4th longer endurance paced ride for 2.5hrs.

    After that just start to introduce L3 etc etc (after the 3rd week of +- 3/5 spins per week)

    Can anyone suggest or see somethign I may be doing that may be pushing too quickly ?

  2. giannip said:

    Ok so between work / home commitments , 1 week of illness and generally getting over my first full year of (lots) of racing, it's 2 months to the day since I pedalled in anger (although I would rather call ig suffering).

    Today I went for a nice cruise for 50min and I think it's time to start getting going for next year. The season start end of Feb / Early March so it's probably about time.

    While I'm sure I've lost quite a bit of conditioning. Would there be anything specific I need to be aware of getting back. My plan is to ride 3 more times this week (1hr, 1hr, 2hrs) @ recovery / light endruance pace. The next week I was thinking of doing 4 spins of similar intensity and maybe do a 4th longer endurance paced ride for 2.5hrs.

    After that just start to introduce L3 etc etc (after the 3rd week of +- 3/5 spins per week)

    Can anyone suggest or see somethign I may be doing that may be pushing too quickly ?

    Keep an eye on the CTL ramp rate - see it doesn't go too high (>8TSS/week) after the first 2-3 weeks.

  3. great thanks.

    I doubt that will happen :-)

  4. Alex Simmons said:

    Keep an eye on the CTL ramp rate - see it doesn't go too high (>8TSS/week) after the first 2-3 weeks.


    I've kept the first 2 weeks pretty steady and looking at CTL it's only gone up 1. Does thi mean that I could really ramp up the workouts a bit more ?

    Seems to get to 5 even for e.g, there would be quite a lot of leeway in the intesity of the workouts.

  5. giannip said:

    Does thi mean that I could really ramp up the workouts a bit more ?
    .

    If you feel like you could then yes.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.