I am a newbie looking into going clipless. After shopping around my LBS I am looking to decide between the Keo Classics and the Shimanos SPD R540. They are both around the same price range and apparently both entry-level. I already have shoes (got my brother old shoes) and they have a three hole configuration for the cleats. I also looked at the speedplay light action but they seemed somewhat "complicated"
If possible could users of this two pedals shed some light into advantages or disavantages or both?
Shimanos without question. I've had 2 sets of Keo's one high end carbons and one pair of classics. Both gave me untold problems with play and bearings. I've heard of several stories of carbons breaking in half while people are riding them.
The new Shimanos are a bit heavier but IMHO faultless.
Shimanos without question. I've had 2 sets of Keo's one high end carbons and one pair of classics. Both gave me untold problems with play and bearings. I've heard of several stories of carbons breaking in half while people are riding them.
The new Shimanos are a bit heavier but IMHO faultless.
I have the classics and have had no problems, although I am definitely not a power rider.