From the first day of purchase, the JANDD mountain panniers have had a strong and distinct smell of mold or mildew. the manufaturer must have stored the JANDD mountain panniers in a way that allowed the growth of mold or mildew .
Do I need to return the JANDD mountain panniers? Should I be able to return the JANDD mountain panniers? Is there a solution to the mold/mildew smell of the JANDD mountain panniers?
"bo-ku" wrote: (clip) Is there a solution to the mold/mildew smell of the JANDD mountain panniers? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Clorox bleach is a classic fungus killer. I would first contact the vendor. They may offer to send you a new pair of panniers. Secondly, you could offer to wash them, and return them only if that doesn't fix it.
You are definitely entitled to a solution to the problem. The chances are that they have a bunch of them that got wet, and are already aware of the problem--whether they will admit it or not.