is this a new trick?

Onetrack

Guest
I landed something that i have been trying to do for ages.
the trick starts with a jump and mid-air you take your feet
off after pushing the front pedal, the wheel will then do a
complete rotation and last landing with your feet in the
same position as they started. -mike

--
onetrack
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

onetrack wrote:
> *I landed something that i have been trying to do for
> ages. the trick starts with a jump and mid-air you take
> your feet off after pushing the front pedal, the wheel
> will then do a complete rotation and last landing with
> your feet in the same position as they started. -mike *

I demand that you change your title to something other than
"Unicycling Newbie" immediately.

--
weeble - There can be only one... wheel

==============
Another Joe in MN
Level 2 and holding
==============

weeble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1625

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:36:12 -0500, "leo" wrote:

>Is'nt there nobody out there who has a picture of the
>legendary half wheeled unicycle? On that on you had to ride
>like this.

Only it didn't have to be no-footed.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
be sure to remove the saddle and simply sit on the seat
post. this is far more comfortable - tennisgh22 on the

I remember something like that on a bike being called a
"kickflip" like on a sakteboard. Only instead of a board,
the cranks spin. Lame on a bike, awesome on a unicycle!

--
digitalattrition - Addicted to Crank (mounts)

"can you do a wheelie on that?!"
--Some kid I saw when I was riding
digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430

Yeah, I knda got the idea from seeing bmx videos, and
seeing how technical skateboard tricks are getting. I want
to come up with more stuff that incorpirates jumping and
uni movement.

It seems to me that every sport started with simple stuff
and as those sports grew, more and more technical tricks
evolved. For example, I saw an early 80's? bmx video called
GTV (a play off of GT bikes), and many of the tricks
reminded me of uni tricks.

The kickflip is so different from any other unicycle trick,
for that reason it might be some thing that a person who
dosen't have alot of the base tricks down might be able to
learn it. like how it is hard for a person who can't wheel
walk to learn how to glide. -mike

--
onetrack - street terrorist
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Hahaha this is hilarious because this morning before school
i thought of this trick and was going to work on it when i
got home but u beat me to
it. Congratulations, but i think what unicycling needs more
of is names for tricks!! So what do u call it? No footed
cran flip?

--
uniextreme - Funkadelic Unicyclist

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuw09 New stuff recently added

Scars are tatoos with better stories
uniextreme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4708

Let me be first to suggest boring descriptive names. I like
boring descriptive names for tricks, not because they're
boring but so they are understandable without seeing them
done. This is important not only so people can figure out
what we're talking about, but also because it translates
better into other languages.

Crank flip works, but we can't flip our cranks without
flipping the entire wheel. How about wheelspin? We don't use
that for any other tricks. A unispin is where you're in the
air and the unicycle spins around a vertical axis. A
wheelspin can be where the wheel spins "the regular way"
while it's off the ground. Keeping it a single word will
make it easier to add it to more complex tricks, like a 360
of a picnic table with a double reverse wheelspin.

There was a little guy from Panther Pride who did something
similar at the Unicon 11 Open-X competition. He rode up to a
chair and stepped briefly on it as he passed by, while
giving his wheel a half turn in the reverse direction. As I
recall he didn't have it totally down, so it may have taken
him several tries in the competition. What was his name?

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not
because they are easy, but because they are hard." -- John F. Kennedy,

Nik Caffroy, and I think he deserves major credit for the
(footplant crankflip), I cant think of what he called it
after he landed it.

Here is its brief story. Dan Heaton and I where riding one
night and he brought the idea up. I think he said that he
got the idea from Adam Rysnar. we where trying it for a
while but coulden't do it. A few weeks later Dan, Nik, and I
where riding. Dan was telling him about it and the little
jerk landed it on his second try, planting off of a knee
high concrete ledge. Dan has it on film. it turned out
pretty good. he almost landed it after a 180 off the ledge.
Now that I think of it Dan posted it in the gallery on this
site I think it was titled North Bend Street and Trials. It
would have been posted the summer before last.

since that day Nik and I have tried to do it without the aid
of a ledge but could never land it. I am sure his way will
look cooler when he finally lands it because he flips the
cranks backwards, (as opposed to me flipping the cranks
forewards).

Nik is comming up with some awesome tricks, the half rev
(jump and pedal half a revolution in the air), the rev (same
thing but with a full revolution), I have seen him land a
180 half rev. it's sooo crazy both unicycler and unicycle do
a 180 in the air as he pedals a half revolution. -mike (Nik
is the correct spelling of his name)

--
onetrack - street terrorist

uniextreme wrote:
> but i think what unicycling needs more of is names for
> tricks!! So what do u call it? No footed crank flip?

If I get the honor of naming it, I like how crank flip
sounds. The central part of the trick is crank position.
Crank flip was the proposed name a year or so ago, at the
time I liked kick flip but it seems kinda taken. -mike

the glove compartment, isn't accurately named. -Seattle Band
"The Postal Service"

--
onetrack - street terrorist
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

i have also been trying this trick. i was hoping to throw
one out down a set this year maybe. i think dan heaton has
tried it a bit as well. we have been referring to it as a
crank flip as well. so i think thats the best name for it.
its simple and understandable, plus its already in use by a
lot of people. go get it on film, id love to see it.

Kevin

--
tugboat - Street Unier named Kevin

"You won't get hurt if you land it!"
tugboat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3298

tugboat wrote:
> i have also been trying this trick. i was hoping to
> throw one out down a set this year maybe.

Yeah, that is definately a future goal for me. it seems like
all the hopping tricks in the unicycle world require no
foreward movement. once more stuff like the crankflip get
invented and conqured, unicycling will have alot more appeal
to joe public. people might stop relating unicycling with
clowns and the circus and other various childerens
entertainment.

anyway back to the quote. when I was learning the crankflip,
i thought it would be easier to land off of a tiny drop like
a one footer, because you spend more time int the air. when
i tried it off of small drops, I found a problem. the pre-
esablished fear fo the cranks rotating beneath you was mixed
with the fear of 12 inches between you and the ground. Im
not a wimp but whenever i attempted this the uni ended up
way out in front of me. I think that now that I have landed
it a few times on flat gound, I might be able to muster up
the balls to try it off a drop. then its on to the stair
casses! -mike

"The only constant is change" -my Volcom shorts

--
onetrack - street terrorist
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Is this the trickI've seen that's shot through a fish eye
lens? Guy on a black uni with Green Miyata seat? Looks
really cool if it's what I'm thinking of, any links would be
much appreciated.

Wheel spin's not a good name, as it generally refers to the
wheel spinning without traction underneath the vehicle
doesn't it? Would be confusing! I have to beg no-one names
any tricks with really stupid names like Mizou and Mistral
etc. And that no-one uses the term "fakie" in unicycling! I
just couldn't stand it!

--
one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

OWS

"It's all in the mind, not the behind" -Mikefule
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832