Is road cycling dangerous?

I try to ride bike paths and back roads. I have had too many close calls. I suppose it all depends on the traffic as well. I am rather put off by people yelling at me or trying to crowd me off the road. I guess it all depends on your comfort level.

I’ve definitely noticed a difference in the US within the past 5-7 years that has me second guessing my routes, implementing cameras, technology and advising others of my travel plans beforehand. I find myself riding dirt more often these days for recreation, as a result.
Riding in Europe, I’ve never felt threatened by distracted or irate drivers.

Yeah it's dangerous, but actually every roads are dangerous for bikers, we should just keep aware about everything around us while biking. There are some drivers who is not responsible enough to consider the bikers while driving on the roads, they don't want to share the roads, specially in our country that biking lane is still not priority in some public highway or roads.

IT is more dangerous, relatively, since there are more variables on the road which you cannot account for, meaning that even if you're the most careful biker in the world, there's always a chance that you get involved in an accident due to other factors/people. Still, everything has its dangers, and as long as you're careful and comfortable with biking, you should give it a try.

We are always proned to hazard in whatever we do. Even just by sleeping, someone could be in hurt. However, road cycling can be dangerous too but it is our responsibility as riders to be fully conscious and aware of the safety matters. To be completely careful in whatever we do can lessen the risk of being proned to accidents.

It depends on where you are. If you're riding in a place that's constantly filled with danger for cyclists, then better not risk it. I don't ride in places where I might get hit or something.

That's a loaded question.

There is always an element of some risk in all activities but you can choose to act in a safe or unsafe manner. Done correctly the benefits far outweigh the risks.

Sitting at the computer all day responding to internet message boards has risk too.
That's right, but I think the danger from using your bike is much more exciting compare to the danger by using the computer, and you will get a lot of benefits by taking the risk in biking compare to sitting in the corner and facing our computer.

Danger is everywhere and it might happen any time. Therefore, road cycling can be dangerous if you did not seriously take a precautionary measures to avoid unwanted accident that might lead you closer to death. And I believe road is where most accidents happened every hour.

Road Cycling could be dangerous if youre not prepared, what I meant was if you're cycling at night you should have the proper equipment like lghts and some emergency stuff. If you are cycling on unfamiliar territory then it's best not to be alone. If you are sick, it's best that you refrain from cycling. If you're taking some medication then always bring it with you when cycling. These are only a few pointers that can make your cycling experience safer.

Cycling can be dangerous but if you're concerned try and stick to a trail or a cyclist path to avoid any potential accidents. I don't have an A star in cycling but with me I found I felt more relaxed after reading up on life insurance for cycling. It helped me to feel more confident that when riding and to not constantly be thinking about dangers that could happen. Like any other form of sport though, there's always dangers.

Everything is dangerous in our life.

That's a loaded question.

There is always an element of some risk in all activities but you can choose to act in a safe or unsafe manner. Done correctly the benefits far outweigh the risks.

Sitting at the computer all day responding to internet message boards has risk too.

The more you practice doing it, the lesser the risk would be as you become more skilled. This applies to cycling and all the stuff we do in life.

Hey, totally agree with you! Practice makes perfect, right? It's awesome how cycling teaches us valuable life lessons. Keep pushing yourself and enjoy the ride! ‍♀️