General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Inner Knee Pain Around Meniscus and MCL??

Started by bjazzer1 · · Last activity · 5 posts · 161 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 July 2007
Last activity
13 July 2007
Original author
bjazzer1
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
161
Views / 30 days
5
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello everyone. I am 19 and a male around 150 lbs been running for
    about 12 years.
    I have a slight problem with my knee and do plan to go to the doctor
    for it, but it will be a few weeks before I get an appointment and
    wondered if any of you could give me some advice while I wait for an
    opening in his schedule.
    FIrst of all, about 3 years ago I had a sharp pain on my inner knee,
    and found out I had Ostea CHronditis Dessicans. Which was basically a
    blockage of blood to the cartilage around the knee and weakened my
    knee. I had to rest for about 4 months for it to heal.
    3 years later I am doing fine, every once in a while i have slight
    knee pain from overuse and ibuprofen seems to ussualy do the trick.
    But now I am training over the summer for college (i just graduated
    highschool) and the mileage from 3.1 to 5 mile races is starting to
    worry me.
    My weekly workout isn't anything bigger than what it used to be but
    recently Ive noticed a sharp pain on my inner knee.
    These are my symptoms:
    -When I wake up, I have a sharp pain on my inner knee. I have to stand
    still and bend my knee and leg up and down till I hear a pop, then it
    doesnt hurt.
    -My inner knee feels somewhat unstable, especially when I stand on
    only it, and bend down and back up. On my way back up I feel a sharp
    pain and as though it might give out.
    -WHen I sit down and try to extend me leg out straight in front of me,
    about halfway up (if moving slowly) I can feel the sharp pain about to
    hit.
    -The pain ussually hits and is much less noticeable about 30 minutes
    or 4 miles into my runs, but I can feel my knee starting to get upset
    if I keep going. The pain doesn't really hurt too bad while I'm
    running. But aftrwards it can hurt a lot, and sometimes causes me to
    limp.

    I have never hit my knee hard on anything, nor have I ever twisted it.
    Could this be an MCL or Mensicus tear? Or is it a simple case of
    overuse? I really don't want to take a week off if I don't have to.
    Please help me out guys!

  2. On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:52:51 -0700, bjazzer1 <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Hello everyone. I am 19 and a male around 150 lbs been running for
    about 12 years.
    I have a slight problem with my knee and do plan to go to the doctor
    for it, but it will be a few weeks before I get an appointment and
    wondered if any of you could give me some advice while I wait for an
    opening in his schedule.
    FIrst of all, about 3 years ago I had a sharp pain on my inner knee,
    and found out I had Ostea CHronditis Dessicans. Which was basically a
    blockage of blood to the cartilage around the knee and weakened my
    knee. I had to rest for about 4 months for it to heal.
    3 years later I am doing fine, every once in a while i have slight
    knee pain from overuse and ibuprofen seems to ussualy do the trick.
    But now I am training over the summer for college (i just graduated
    highschool) and the mileage from 3.1 to 5 mile races is starting to
    worry me.
    My weekly workout isn't anything bigger than what it used to be but
    recently Ive noticed a sharp pain on my inner knee.
    These are my symptoms:
    -When I wake up, I have a sharp pain on my inner knee. I have to stand
    still and bend my knee and leg up and down till I hear a pop, then it
    doesnt hurt.
    -My inner knee feels somewhat unstable, especially when I stand on
    only it, and bend down and back up. On my way back up I feel a sharp
    pain and as though it might give out.
    -WHen I sit down and try to extend me leg out straight in front of me,
    about halfway up (if moving slowly) I can feel the sharp pain about to
    hit.
    -The pain ussually hits and is much less noticeable about 30 minutes
    or 4 miles into my runs, but I can feel my knee starting to get upset
    if I keep going. The pain doesn't really hurt too bad while I'm
    running. But aftrwards it can hurt a lot, and sometimes causes me to
    limp.

    I have never hit my knee hard on anything, nor have I ever twisted it.
    Could this be an MCL or Mensicus tear? Or is it a simple case of
    overuse? I really don't want to take a week off if I don't have to.
    Please help me out guys!

    Go to a chiropractor.

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  3. TBR said:

    Go to a chiropractor.

    Aflac! http://www.hsutx.edu/admin/hr/Employees/aflac_1.jpg

  4. Charlie Pendejo said:
    TBR said:

    Go to a chiropractor.

    Aflac! http://www.hsutx.edu/admin/hr/Employees/aflac_1.jpg

    Hey, that's MY chiro too!

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  5. "bjazzer1" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello everyone. I am 19 and a male around 150 lbs been running for
    about 12 years.
    I have a slight problem with my knee and do plan to go to the doctor
    for it, but it will be a few weeks before I get an appointment and
    wondered if any of you could give me some advice while I wait for an
    opening in his schedule.
    FIrst of all, about 3 years ago I had a sharp pain on my inner knee,
    and found out I had Ostea CHronditis Dessicans. Which was basically a
    blockage of blood to the cartilage around the knee and weakened my
    knee. I had to rest for about 4 months for it to heal.
    3 years later I am doing fine, every once in a while i have slight
    knee pain from overuse and ibuprofen seems to ussualy do the trick.
    But now I am training over the summer for college (i just graduated
    highschool) and the mileage from 3.1 to 5 mile races is starting to
    worry me.
    My weekly workout isn't anything bigger than what it used to be but
    recently Ive noticed a sharp pain on my inner knee.
    These are my symptoms:
    -When I wake up, I have a sharp pain on my inner knee. I have to stand
    still and bend my knee and leg up and down till I hear a pop, then it
    doesnt hurt.
    -My inner knee feels somewhat unstable, especially when I stand on
    only it, and bend down and back up. On my way back up I feel a sharp
    pain and as though it might give out.
    -WHen I sit down and try to extend me leg out straight in front of me,
    about halfway up (if moving slowly) I can feel the sharp pain about to
    hit.
    -The pain ussually hits and is much less noticeable about 30 minutes
    or 4 miles into my runs, but I can feel my knee starting to get upset
    if I keep going. The pain doesn't really hurt too bad while I'm
    running. But aftrwards it can hurt a lot, and sometimes causes me to
    limp.

    I have never hit my knee hard on anything, nor have I ever twisted it.
    Could this be an MCL or Mensicus tear? Or is it a simple case of
    overuse? I really don't want to take a week off if I don't have to.
    Please help me out guys!

    My guess...and that's all it is is a guess...is that you have a loose or
    torn piece of cartilage floating around in your knee and right now it's
    worked itself to bind at times and rub irritating healthy parts of your
    knee.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.