I'm trying to determine the model number of a Cannondale road racing bike that was made in the late 80's. The serial number, which is engraved on the chainstay is 54021787135. I can't find any other numbers at all on the bike frame. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
I'm trying to determine the model number of a Cannondale road racing bike that was made in the late 80's. The serial number, which is engraved on the chainstay is 54021787135. I can't find any other numbers at all on the bike frame. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Rod H.
Cannondale pretty much only had 1 color per model back then. So if I knew what color it is, I might be able to come up with the model. --- Joe REMOVE "not_me" to e-mail
I'm trying to determine the model number of a Cannondale road racing bike that was made in the late 80's. The serial number, which is engraved on the chainstay is 54021787135. I can't find any other numbers at all on the bike frame. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Rod H.
I have a catalog that was put out when I got my 1987 Cannondale. If you can tell me the colors or something else--like parts, that would help.
I just went through the same thing with my older cannondale - The information you're looking for is in the serial number:
54021787135 - your bike is a 54cm built February 17, 1987. Believe it or not, my serial number is 54021787121 - looks like it was built shortly before yours! Based on what I found out about mine, it's a SR500. I have a pdf of the 1987 catalog if you're interested.
Doug
"Rod" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
I'm trying to determine the model number of a Cannondale road racing bike that was made in the late 80's. The serial number, which is engraved on the chainstay is 54021787135. I can't find any other numbers at all on the bike frame. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
I just went through the same thing with my older cannondale - The information you're looking for is in the serial number:
54021787135 - your bike is a 54cm built February 17, 1987. Believe it or not, my serial number is 54021787121 - looks like it was built shortly before yours! Based on what I found out about mine, it's a SR500. I have a pdf of the 1987 catalog if you're interested.
Hey, cool... I had an '88 SR500, built later in 1987 (I bought it that fall just after the model year change). Good bike! Lasted me 'til 1998 and it would've lasted me longer if it hadn't been for that Oldsmobile. 😉
I replaced it with a 1998 XR800 cyclocross bike. Had to stick with the trusty 105 components. 🙂