Touring and recreational cycling · Public discussion

Ideas for a Tennessee trip

Started by bgoetz · · Last activity · 1 post · 857 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Touring and recreational cycling
Published
10 June 2013
Last activity
10 June 2013
Original author
bgoetz
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
857
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am taking the family to visit my sister in Clarksville, TN in August. I will be driving from Ohio. Originally I was going to attend a pretty big race in Chattanooga and still may, but I have already had a long season and am thinking of taking a mid-summer break. If I take a break there is no point in attending the race as the field I race in (Pro/1/2) is going to be so difficult I would be wasting my time. So I may change things up a bit and try to do a few long, fun training rides, with some cool stuff to see and then really enjoy time with family. I kinda want to do some climbing as all i have around here is flat and wind. I have come up with a couple options: 1. Head to Ashville, NC after visiting and ride Mt. Mitchelle. Ashville seems like a cool town with lots to do, the only downside is that it is 5hrs from my sisters. 2.Stick around the Clarksville/Nashville area. This would be the easiest/cheapest although I don't know what type of riding there is in this area, I am fairly certain there is not too much climbing?? I could maybe bring my MTB too and have a day or two of that. 3.Go to Gattlinburg and ride the national park. Lots to do with the family and not as far out of the way as Ashville, but from what I have read riding through the park can be REALLY difficult due to traffic. Any one with experience in TN have any thoughts or other better considerations?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.