Bike Cafe · Public discussion

I met Robbie Ventura tonight

Started by GatorTrek · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,155 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
21 September 2006
Last activity
26 September 2006
Original author
GatorTrek
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,155
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Tonight, Robbie Ventura came to my LBS and gave an hour presentation on everything from training to racing. It was kind of an overview of his approach to cycling. He opened it up for questions and answers. There were only about 25-30 of us there. It was way cool.

    After his presentation my LBS owner unveiled a framed set of 7 original autographed TDF yellow jerseys - one from each year that Lance won. He and another guy each bought a set at an auction at the Trek factory earlier this year. It is quite a display.

    Very cool night.

  2. Does he still ride professionally on a team and which team? He was in US Postal but they're gone.

  3. JTE83 said:

    Does he still ride professionally on a team and which team? He was in US Postal but they're gone.


    No. He is a full time coach. He coaches some guy names Floyd Landis. His company is Vision Quest Coaching. Check it out. He is a really engaging guy. He tested some guys from a local racing team earlier in the day.

  4. I guess he coaches in Chicago then. I've never seen him on Lake Shore Drive.

  5. JTE83 said:

    I guess he coaches in Chicago then. I've never seen him on Lake Shore Drive.


    He does train and coach in Chicago. Here is a calendar from his website. I think it includes some local rides.

    clubassistant.comcm.cfm

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.