General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

How to lose your Baba Ganouche

Started by David Hare-Scott · · Last activity · 3 posts · 321 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 April 2005
Last activity
13 April 2005
Original author
David Hare-Scott
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
321
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. We were given a big bag of eggplants (aubergine) from a friend, the only way
    to use them up was to make baba ganouche. I have made this maybe 50 times,
    after the first few times it has been pretty good stuff. Never any problems
    before. You start with baking them whole in the oven and when they are soft
    you peel off the skin and pulp the cooked flesh.

    So into the oven goes 8 or so eggplants and I put on the time to remind me
    to check them. I settled down to watch TV. After about half an hour ...

    KABOOM

    One of the little buggers had exploded, pulp everywhere. This has *never*
    happened before, so why has it happened now, who knows? So now I will [censored]
    each one before baking. After I clean the oven.

    David

  2. "David Hare-Scott" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    We were given a big bag of eggplants (aubergine) from a friend, the only
    way
    to use them up was to make baba ganouche. I have made this maybe 50
    times,
    after the first few times it has been pretty good stuff. Never any
    problems
    before. You start with baking them whole in the oven and when they are
    soft
    you peel off the skin and pulp the cooked flesh.

    So into the oven goes 8 or so eggplants and I put on the time to remind me
    to check them. I settled down to watch TV. After about half an hour ...

    KABOOM

    One of the little buggers had exploded, pulp everywhere. This has *never*
    happened before, so why has it happened now, who knows? So now I will
    [censored]
    each one before baking. After I clean the oven.

    Geez, what a mess. Oddly, when I've seen people on tv making that,
    they cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and bake them on a sheet, face
    down. Never saw them baked whole. It's kinda funny, I can picture
    eggplant eggplant everywhere, but then, I don't have to clean it up.

    (smile) nancy

  3. Far as I can tell said:

    they cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and bake them on a sheet, face
    down.

    They can be baked or broiled face up, coated with spices. Good too...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.