Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16-20 pounds

Votes: 120 9.2%
  • 21-25 pounds

Votes: 810 62.3%
  • 26 pounds or more

Votes: 371 28.5%

• Total voters
I have the entire spectrum, from my 15.8 lb road bike to my 65 lb Prodeco Outlaw e-bike (a lot of which is the battery).

MotownBikeBoy said:
I have the entire spectrum, from my 15.8 lb road bike to my 65 lb Prodeco Outlaw e-bike (a lot of which is the battery).
Thats very light considering you have a battery to take into account......dam bro. Are you for real?

Yup - I'll have to take some pictures of the collection one of these days and post - but probably not until the weekend.

7 bikes - and I think I need to be done for now. They run the spectrum from my $20 thrift store circa 1984 Huffy Windsprint that I bought as a project to tear down and rebuild to my Roubaix.

So, I have a Cannondale SM 700 I bought in 1991 which is a 26" hard tail Mt bike. Rode that a while in 2012 then bought my beloved and favorite Specialized Cross Trail Pro Disc in 2012. Then I decided I wanted to keep going into the winter and bought my Surly Pugsley. Then my deep orange 2013 Prodeco Outlaw that I picked up on Good Friday 2013. Then my Roubaix which was kinda a "may 2014 be a better year" new years eve purchase - although I had made about 6 trips to LBS before I settled on that one. The Huffy around the same time. Finally last Sept I bought a cheap $200 mass market Hyper hard tail full suspension Mt Bike at Walmart as another upgrade project - I am fascinated with the concept of turning a piece of **** mass market bike into something worth riding - I actually did about half tne upgrades on it, seat, handgrips, tires, pedals, and it has cheap but tolerable Shimano components so I will leave thiose. Debating the wheels.

Yeah, I'm just a weird dude. My perspective is really different now, I guess I'll sum it up by saying "all I wanna do is have some fun before I die" like in that Sheryl Crow song. Let's just say I've kinda been through the wringer physically and mentally the past 3 years and bikes make me about happier than anything else. It's that sense of freedom and a little adventure and a little challenge.

If I were to get another one, it would probably be a dedicated Tri/time trial bike along the lines of a Cervelo P3 - like I need that, lol.

Or one of these as a memorabilia collectible -

http://detroitbikes.com/thebikes/

Mostly because I support local industry and I'm proud of where I live - Detroit is a great place to live - well, Metro Detroit, the 'burbs. The city, meh
- a few areas, downtown, Rosedale Park are nice enough, most of it is a Hellhole of epic proportions.

I have never weight my bike because I was never into competition, but I think it's fairly light. Sure, the ones from my kids are lighter haha, but they are smaller too. :p

My current bike is light enough for me to carry over a short distance... like up the stairs of the building where I work. :) But then it's a solid cruising bike that I use to get around town and sometimes even further afield. To be honest, I am glad when I don't have to lift my bike too much. Even in rugged terrain I like to ride my bike rather than hump it around. I guess it's obvious that I am not into extreme biking. :)

I have quite a heavy bike. It is something like 17-18kg. It surely takes effort to carry it to my apartment for clean up.

I have quite a heavy bike. It is something like 17-18kg. It surely takes effort to carry it to my apartment for clean up.

There is no need to go to the Gym, carrying that thing up a few flights of steps would be a good work out.

I have a huffy torch 3.0MTB / 29" / lightweight alloy, well I haven't weighed it yet but my estimate is about 25lbs.

I have a 5 year old GT Avalanche 2.0 /2013 model which I just recently sold for $275. It weighed 32lbs.
FB_IMG_1521715535497.jpg
Screenshot_20180322-184425.png

My current bike weighs at around 23-24 pounds. I used to ride lighter bikes but I prefer this weight range.

I believe my mountain bike weighs somewhere around the 35lb (16kg) region. It is definitely way heavier than any of the road bikes I've had.

I used to live in a small apartment in NYC, and I'd have to carry my bike up/down a flight of stairs. It was a road bike that I could pretty much lift and carry with just two fingers. That isn't me bragging about my strength either, it's just how darn light the bike was.

However, I definitely would never take a bike that light off-road. Heaviness is an important characteristic of mountain bikes, as any bike under 30lbs makes me feel like I simply don't have enough traction. Road bikes feel like I could take off like any airplane at any second, but that is a good thing when you're riding on smooth asphalt.