How many of you carry

SteveA said:
So what's wrong with a handlebar mount for your weapon of choice? You might have to move a computer or light but it could be worth it. :D

And a trike would give you a stable operating base for a mortar as well.

And that might stop any rude comments anyone was considering making. :eek:

SteveA
Ah, you've seen Lotte on her bike with the shottie then :p

Tamyka Bell said:
SteveA wrote:

> Duracell Bunny Wrote:
> > I can just see myself turning up at the local range on a trike with a
> > big basket holding my firearms. "Prehistoric ****" would not begin to
> > describe what they'd say about me then :D

> So what's wrong with a handlebar mount for your weapon of choice? You
> might have to move a computer or light but it could be worth it. :D

I can see a problem if your weapon is recoilless and happens
to have a back blast danger area...

> And a trike would give you a stable operating base for a mortar as
> well.

Oh dear.

> And that might stop any rude comments anyone was considering making.
> :eek:

Unlikely ;)

Tam

And I forgot to take account of limitations imposed by carbon handlbars as well.

"It doesn't matter what you do with weapons, nothing is soldier-proof. Testing something to see if it is soldier-proof is like testing to see if it is idiot-proof only dropping it from greater heights (ie out of aircraft), or hitting it with bigger rocks or setting fire to it or running over it in bigger (tracked) things." *

* a mate of mine who is an ex-SAS major.

SteveA

"SteveA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Duracell Bunny Wrote:
>> I can just see myself turning up at the local range on a trike with a
>> big basket holding my firearms. "Prehistoric ****" would not begin to
>> describe what they'd say about me then :D

> So what's wrong with a handlebar mount for your weapon of choice? You
> might have to move a computer or light but it could be worth it. :D
>
> And a trike would give you a stable operating base for a mortar as
> well.
>
> And that might stop any rude comments anyone was considering making.
> :eek:

Not all that far removed from a mortar, but how about a punt gun? There's
something about a 4 guage that demands a certain degree of deferance.

matagi <[email protected]> wrote:

> beerwolf Wrote:
> >
> > The firearm(s) & ammunition must be carried separately in 2 *locked*
> > containers.

> Just trying to think outside
> the square here .... but have you looked at musical instrument cases
> for example

Isn't a violin case the cannonical transport case for a tommy gun?

big (might need to go up to a viola or chello case for a target rifle)

--
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history,
all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled,

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:45:50 +1100, Duracell Bunny
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Stuart Naylor Wrote:
>>

>> There are moments like when I'm going grocery shopping etc. my "Gomier
>> Trike" (with the large basket on the back) comes in pretty handy. :)
>> --
>>

> StuartI can just see myself turning up at the local range on a trike with a
>big basket holding my firearms. "Prehistoric ****" would not begin to
>describe what they'd say about me then :D

LOL.

Reminds me of "Cars and Trucks may break my bones but names will never
hurt me."

I approached the supermarkets I frequent about parking my Trike while
shopping and they were all receptive and gave me permission to park.
--

Stuart