How many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment?

I have seen a few folks on bicycles carrying guns, but they weren't cyclists. They were the typical "old man picking up cans" slow garden variety of old guy on a bike. Now, I used to carry a .25 caliber Beretta underneath my bike seat. I finally gave it up because I was too worried that the straps I used to secure the holster would come loose. Also, the guy, who threatened my life died undergoing routine surgery.

Ouch, so you had issues so it was to feel safe. At the same time these days there are quite a few police officers on bikes and all they carry a gun, but they are on the job!

Haha, that's a perspective and I hope you have success defending yourself. I wish you a healthy and long life my friend!

I don't ride in the hood, only rural routes. I have met some nice people, and even with the ones, who have tried to be jerks, I usually defuse the situation by embarrassing them as I act all polite and friendly, but never turning my back to them.

Just wondering how many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment? Here in Arizona we can legally carry open and concealed (concealed with permit).

For long distance touring and bicycle camping... I think I'd feel safer carrying my .45 semi-auto pistol (concealed so it doesn't freak people out).

Anyone else carry while biking?

JW
Bro you may need help, when I ride I'm not worrying about packing a weapon, I ride on public bike trails that are safe, It's crazy to think you need to carry a gun while riding, that doesn't make me fell safe, I would be too paranoid. Good luck on that mission.

Uhm, I don't really have a gun so I don't carry a gun with me when I ride my bike. And personally, even if I have one, it can be quite a hassle to bring one I think. I'd think about where to put it and whether it can get lost while I'm riding. I'm all for being safe and protecting ourselves but in ways that are more convenient. Like maybe learning a proper defensive strategy or maybe bulking up to be able to fight crime-makers. Or maybe carrying a knife or a taser or a pepper spray. But with guns, I'm not much familiar with them and I don't think I would have the guts to do so especially on a bike as it can be hard to use it and balance yourself as well.:/

I don't have too, nobody has guns where I come from, the chances of needing on is so slim that even if you were able to get one as a collector you would never need it.
I still find it difficult to imagine someone hiding a gun while riding a bike.

Portugal, it's one of the safest countries in the world, it doesn't mean that we don't have crime but it isn't that much in relation to other countries.

I love your wine! I also love your reasonable, sensible and effective policy regarding addiction and substance abuse problems.
I'm a little perturbed at the fact you guys had to colonize Brazil so I can't try to hit on beautiful Brazilian women with my rudimentary Spanish like I can for the rest of the America's.

Reactions: SirJoe
Oops, guilty as charged :D. Portugal made their fair amount of mistakes, but Brazil wasn't one of them. It was done on purpose, we didn't want anyone coming in and hit on the girls with broken Spanish ;)

Reactions: BikeBikeBikeBike
:) I do wonder what are the biking habits in Portugal. I do know that in the Netherlands everyone rides the bike, is it the same case in Portugal?
It depends on the city, there are cities that have a stronger biking tradition then others. In the bigger cities such as Lisbon and Porto they don't have a very strong biking tradition, but Aveiro does. They used to have bikes available to anyone that could put a coin into a slot to release a chain. When they finished using the bike all you had to do was tie it up at another station and retrieve a coin to same value that you had placed in the first place.
Unfortunately, it couldn't last long before they started disappearing, they even found some bikes in Spain and as far off as France.

Reactions: oportosanto
Are you sick? What attitude is that? You also wear a gun while going to the theatre with your girl?
Well I guess it's just typical american behaviour. I saw that movie once "Bowling for Columbine". You should watch that, it gives you a whole other look on the carrying of weapons.
Answer to you question: No I don't carry a weapon on training!
I have always been afraid of guns, so no!

I don't want to leave a negative comment at all, so I will just talk about how different cultures are around the world.

As an adult living in Europe I don't think if I ever seen a hand gun more than once or twice in real life. It is so interesting how westerners and americans handle this kind of topic.

I can totally understand your viewpoint, tho. If you were brought up in a society where it is normal, to conceal carry and all those stand your ground laws.

It is just somehow a really surreal question for us, who wouldn't imagine to carry a gun.

It is surreal to me that of the three times someone attempted to mug me with a knife that two of these crimes happened in Europe. I am a US citizen and live in the USA.

The acceptability of carrying a firearm in the US is highly dependent upon local norms. Probably half the populace in Florida is carrying whereas nobody in the People's Republic on Neue Gersey can carry a gun other than all the criminals.

I don't want to leave a negative comment at all, so I will just talk about how different cultures are around the world.

As an adult living in Europe I don't think if I ever seen a hand gun more than once or twice in real life. It is so interesting how westerners and americans handle this kind of topic.

I can totally understand your viewpoint, tho. If you were brought up in a society where it is normal, to conceal carry and all those stand your ground laws.

It is just somehow a really surreal question for us, who wouldn't imagine to carry a gun.